Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 6,096 total)
  • Rugby thread 2016/2017
  • anagallis_arvensis

Judging by the game last week you also need Gav to do the basic 10 bits that Pisi seems to struggle with like kicking penalties into touch. Mind you Pisi should improve he got very tired last week.

wrecker
    Free Member

Pisi is just back from injury, still had his hand strapped up. He was very good in super rugby so I have no doubt he can more than hold his own in the AP. We have recruited a bit, but we still lack depth in the backs. I’d be tempted to give the american 7’s player Palamo a shout, we already know that mosses isn’t up to it.

anagallis_arvensis

Pisi is just back from injury,

Yeah so he should improve. I suspect the plan was to take him off after 50 and shift Gav to 10 but it all went pear shaped.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Tigers v Wasps today in the Aviva at 3pm…..there goes my afternoon!

tjagain

Great win by the soapdodgers. Bonus point win over leinster. Tennessee Tam with 4 tries

Tom-B
    Free Member

Wasps v Tiggers wasavery enjoyable game. A little scrappy at times, but lots of action and Wasps securing a bonus point win with the last play of the play of the game.

anagallis_arvensis

Good away win for Osprey.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just seen the Hassler try. Impressive!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Thanks for this insight. I’ll inform Cementhead. So the Lions will need to be great at attacking out wide with pace, in close with pace, outwide with power, in close with power, defence in close and out wide, turnovers, ruck, maul, lineout, scrum….anything I missed?

No. That’s pretty much it. 😉

Gatland was there so hopefully he’s got it too.

The Pumas played with no fear and great ambition in the first half, relying on their basic skills. If it hadn’t been for Sam Cane they might have had a lead after 40 – he was monumental.

THe only weakness of this ABs team is poor(ish) goal kicking. Going at them like the Argies did but for the whole 80, keeping the score close and having Halfpenny/Farrell knock over every kick while they miss a few might get you a win.

Thing is, they’ve got a 43 match winning streak at home. That’s likely to still be intact by the time the Lions arrive. It’s gonna take something special to beat them.

duckman

The Salaries\ Exeter game would appear to be free to anybody with a Sky box, it is coming up as freeview on my TV guide.

anagallis_arvensis

[Quote] THe only weakness of this ABs team is poor(ish) goal kicking. [/quote]
    Scrum should be an area of advantage for the lions if the refs let us take advantage. When Wales played them in the summervit was plain to see a good varied attack and good simple rugby played well works against them. Wales, coached by Cementhead played some very good rugby. Liam Williams especially gave them problems. The midfield of Crotty and the other bloke, are not anything great. They played Naholo and Savea on the wings in the furst test and both their defences are not great they fixed this by picking Dagg and Smith at 14 and 15.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Absolute shocker in the Brive game earlier.

Gif video link here.

😯

Seems it was a pretty nasty game all round.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/Top-14-grenoble-brive-une-melee-qui-voit-rouge/726241

duckman

What a shitebag.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Scrum should be an area of advantage for the lions if the refs let us take advantage. When Wales played them in the summervit was plain to see a good varied attack and good simple rugby played well works against them. Wales, coached by Cementhead played some very good rugby. Liam Williams especially gave them problems. The midfield of Crotty and the other bloke, are not anything great. They played Naholo and Savea on the wings in the furst test and both their defences are not great they fixed this by picking Dagg and Smith at 14 and 15.

All good points except I think Crotty is actually a very handy player and he seems to glue the midfield together pretty well. Besides, SBW will be back and they have Milner-Skudder to return as well.

Wales did play some great rugby at times and the Lions need to build on that, with a more powerful pack and a better bench it could be interesting.

Still, the ABs could probably muster two XVs that would beat everyone else. I saw an article in the NZ Herald asking if TJ Perenara might start ahead of Aaron Smith???? IF those questions are being asked – you know you’re doing something right.

andermt
    Free Member

This is the Grenoble-Brive punch-up

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q4Hd2AoDs0[/video]

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Well, if ever there was an argument for kids’ rugby being based on weight categories rather than age – this is it:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyFHmHnZ1Fo[/video]

Pigface
    Free Member

All Black machine rolls on, and they have won the Championship with games to spare.

Glwas get a good win.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ooh Francis red carded for Exeter…..kicking out for the ball, shin to the back of Danny Care’s head. Should set up a good final 10 minutes!

anagallis_arvensis

**** dirty english **** knuckle should have got away with it, everyone knows the english allowed to do that!

Pigface
    Free Member

😆 hold your horses AA, save that for the weeks prior to 6 Nations 😉

anagallis_arvensis

hold your horses AA, save that for the weeks prior to 6 Nations

Woooosh

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I see Gashton is now to be known as Gnashton.

(Geddit?)

anagallis_arvensis

I’ve seen the future and its called Keelan Giles.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve seen the future and its called Keelan Giles.

Step. GAS! FULL GAS!

Impressive.

anagallis_arvensis

Has something of the Jason Robinson about him!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nah. He doesn’t run sideways. 🙂

duckman

Waller in hot water over the alleged headbutt as well,not that there is much doubt;guy pulled him in so he took the opportunity to nut him. In the good old days that was just front rows saying hello. That was an ace game though, no tries in first half, just two sets of “forr’its” beating the tar out of each other,love it! Lawes is looking back to his menacing best again,isn’t he?

Pigface
    Free Member

Whats the point in trying to bite him if you have a gum shield in? Ashton is not the brightest bulb in the box.

anagallis_arvensis

Looks like Gav made the right choice staying injured!

anagallis_arvensis

Keelan Giles try at about 1.45

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/37377831

Ospreys website lists him as 18 years old an weighing 9st4lbs!!!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

9st4lbs!!!

I saw him listed as 11st 13lbs elsewhere – which might be nearer the mark. A touch of the Christian Wade about him too.

I seem to remember him looking handy in the Singha 7s as well.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Been a tough few games for Bristol…that was a hell of a humping by Wasps.

Will be interesting when they play Wuss / Falcons.

The video of Ashton biting looks pretty bang to rights – what a tool.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Tragic case study of death caused by concussion but also very helpful towards preventing such happenings in the future.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/84458117/could-nzrs-concussion-protocols-have-saved-viliami-halaifonua

Pigface
    Free Member

13 weeks for the oaf, seeing as he has previous that seems lenient.

duckman

Is that all? that does seem generous. Still; bearing in mind he is one of the worse for the “congratulating the opo who has conceded a pen” game,at least it will be xmas before we see that again.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Does seem pretty lenient given his previous bans. He does seem to be a bit of a tit.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Gnashton very lucky there. With his previous, I’d have expected more.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

He should go back to League or go to France. His international days are done.

Still, personally I thought he was pretty handy. Scored a lot of tries for England, especially with Flood at FH, and his runs off the ball were phenominal.

BOD said he’d never seen a player with a higher workrate off the ball.

Another wasted talent for England. If someone had worked on his defence in the earlier years then he could have learned to make better decisions. I think it’s improved at Saracens.

He always comes over as a personable lad off the field and his team mates don’t seem to have any issues with him. Still, far too many twatish things on the field……

anagallis_arvensis

Ashton couldnt tackle a kebab!

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 6,096 total)

The topic ‘Rugby thread 2016/2017’ is closed to new replies.