Viewing 40 posts - 3,401 through 3,440 (of 6,096 total)
  • Rugby thread 2016/2017
  • dantsw13

Finally watching the match. Feel very sorry for Bennet – that looked like it hurt.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Todavia, no entiendo nada. 😐

dantsw13

Can you lot all get a beer and put your handbags away?? 🙄

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’m worried Jambas head has exploded trying to count up the England score!!!

Brilliant 😆

Lions:

Hogg
    Nowell
    JJ
    Farrell
    North
    Sexton
    Murray
    Billy
    Hovis
    O’Stander
    Itoje
    Launchbury
    Furlong
    George/Best
    Mako

andylaightscat
    Free Member

you have been measured, you have been weighed, you have been found wanting, now Scotland XV go home …….

Kryton57

Todavia, no entiendo nada

Who let the Italian in?

Anyway, I reckon Tom B is pretty close on the Lions selection there.

igm

I’m worried Jambas head has exploded trying to count up the England score!!!

Not to worry, it was close enough to 350m. Sadly.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

Sexton for the Lions ??? on current form???

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Who let the Italian in?

😆

igm

andylaightscat – Member
    you have been measured, you have been weighed, you have been found wanting, now Scotland XV go home …….

If only we could have sent the 1st XV. 😥

mefty
    Free Member

Brute power and finesse today from England, few could have lived with them today, one of the best performances I remember – defence was bit disappointing, Nowell who is normally very strong let a few through.

EDIT: Kenny Logan will be hoping no one rereads his Telegraph column.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Brute power and finesse today from England, few could have lived with them today,

Two strings of passes and JJ. 😆

righog
    Free Member

No one Got Courtney Lawes for the Lions ? am i missing something ?

dantsw13

You can only pick 4. The 4 who don’t get in would all be great choices too. Lawes, Kruis, Gray, Toner is a pretty good set of Locks!

andylaightscat
    Free Member

igm, would it have altered the result ??

igm

andylaightscat – seeing as you can’t prove me wrong… 😉

Yes. With the two first choice props fit, the first choice scrum half, kicker and captain fit, the full back row fit and a fit full back for more than 15 minute (who did I miss?), we’d have stopped all but one of those charioteer tries and scored at least one more ourselves.

Bonus point win to Scotland.

Honest answer? Still yes, but enough to give Scotland the win? Who knows?

mefty
    Free Member

Two strings of passes and JJ.

England scored 4 tries from phase 1 ball, that is a pretty uncommon achievement at this level and requires more than just a bit of passing.

EDIT: As Woodward said at the end, the impressive thing has been England winning away, taking Italy out of the equation, they are the only team to have achieved an away win so far this year and that is why they are champions.

Tom-B
    Free Member

There was something of a ‘return to normal’ feel about this weekends games don’t you think…..Italy and Scotland were both shite and Wales v Ireland was a corker.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

What do you want, that I give blood? Do you expect me to give credit where it isn’t due? Scotland were poor, but england weren’t spectacular either without JJ. Take away JJ and it wasn’t that great a win.

dantsw13

IGM – England have been missing a lot of top players this season, but the next cabs off the rank have more than filled the gaps. Squad strength is everything and sadly, Scotland just don’t have the depth of quality. In a 6N or WC that will always bite you at some point.

dantsw13

Captain S – sorry but that’s tosh. Englands play all over the park was great. You can’t just say “If it wasn’t for xxx”. Daly is just as devastating as Joseph at 13. Watson and Nowell were great. England defended really well, fast set piece possession, Ford/Farrell very cute pass timing.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Captain S – sorry but that’s tosh. Englands play all over the park was great. You can’t just say “If it wasn’t for xxx”. Daly is just as devastating as Joseph at 13. Watson and Nowell were great. England defended really well, fast set piece possession, Ford/Farrell very cute pass timing.

😆

thegreatape
    Free Member

Are these 😆 for when people can’t think of anything to say?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

It’s in response to stupidity and fckwittery.
    😆

dantsw13

Anyway Capt – you should be far more concerned about how Wales lost at home to such a poor team as England.

dantsw13

😆

dantsw13

And maybe stop posting until the pub is closed

grahamt1980

Once the pub is closed it will be worse.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Anyway Capt – you should be far more concerned about how Wales lost at home to such a poor team as England.

As I said, gracious winners.

gauss1777
    Free Member

“. I’m happy that I have no english traits and that’s because I’m not, I’m Welsh.”

This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve read in a long time.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve read in a long time.

I bet it’snot, but qualifying a long time, and whether your english or Welsh would help.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Dude can’t you go back to your beloved footy thread!

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Why? Is this an exclusive club for the blinkered?

dantsw13

I’m really not sure what your point is? This is a rugby thread, and you are just intent on throwing mud and talking trash. Let’s talk about how well your team did yesterday – a great match. Or how well England played – scoring 60 pts and winning the championship with a game to spare. Maybe pick out some performances relevant to the Lions.

Or just carry on and become irrelevant. Until you change tack I suggest we all ignore you. I will be.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I’m really not sure what your point is? This is a rugby thread, and you are just intent on throwing mud and talking trash. Let’s talk about how well your team did yesterday – a great match. Or how well England played – scoring 60 pts and winning the championship with a game to spare. Maybe pick out some performances relevant to the Lions.

My point is that england didn’t play such a spectacular match today, they capitalised on an early yellow card and then the sublime skill of JJ. Without either, the score would have been significantly different. england were no more than average today unless you can show me where they were world class, then I suggest you go away. Or show me that the english fans can win with grace and are not arses. 😉
    Fin.
    ps: What’s my playing history?

dantsw13

So apart from scoring 3 sublime JJ tries – and another 4 pretty good ones, and controlling the game, dominating set-piece, winning the gain line, kicking well, defending without conceding penalties, out-muscling Scotland – scoring 60 points and winning by 40……… England were rubbish?

gauss1777
    Free Member

and whether your english or Welsh would help.

I’m not sure it matters, but I am Welsh – more Welsh than you, from what you say. But I share a lot of traits with the English, as do all the Welsh people I know.
    I’m no expert on rugby, but I like a good international. Watched all the games this weekend. England played very well imho, JJ was very good, but I feel that they were so on top that if someone else had been there instead of him, they still would have scored 50+ points. I’m sure they can improve, the tries they conceded seemed a tad easy to me, but then Scotland have been good in attack.
    England seem due a lot of credit, they are nowhere near as arrogant as the Will Carling days and far more exciting to watch.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m happy that wrecker is still flying the flag of the crusades, and losing again.

I’m not losing to you, that’s for sure.

ps: What’s my playing history?

Probably getting filled in by the 6th form XV.

theotherjonv

england didn’t play such a spectacular match today, they capitalised on an early yellow card and then the sublime skill of JJ. Without either, the score would have been significantly different.

If’s, but’s and maybe’s.

If Brown had been redcarded as he very easily could have been; if Daly hadn’t been head injury withdrawn, if, if, if.

Kryton57

Well at least I’ve learned today that some Welsh people can be more Welsh than others. Although quite how I don’t know.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,401 through 3,440 (of 6,096 total)

The topic ‘Rugby thread 2016/2017’ is closed to new replies.