Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 6,096 total)
  • Rugby thread 2016/2017
  • surfer
    Free Member

Peter Stringer possible ACL injury 🙁

Saw him in pain after an innocuous passage of play which usually indicates something serious. He got up and played on possibly not realising the seriousness.
    At 39 it will be tough for him but If anyone wants to wager a fiver for their favorite charity against it, i will take the bet.

anagallis_arvensis

http://www.worldrugby.org/news/214113

Sound more than a little pissed off re The Sinners!

wrecker
    Free Member

If you’re not watching wasps vs bath TURN IT ON!!!

wrecker
    Free Member

Pah fizzled out.

anagallis_arvensis

Great furst half. Got to go out now 🙁

Wade on one wing Giles on the other for The Lions!

Pigface
    Free Member

Ospreys win in the paddling pool that is Rodney Parade

Tom-B
    Free Member

Bad times at Sale 😯

wrecker
    Free Member

A resurgent Bristol?
    Looks like getting rid of that b**h bloke was a great move.
    Siale piatau arriving soon too.

Kryton57

Manu in…. aaaaaand immediately out again.

Pigface
    Free Member

Bye bye Cock

dantsw13

Feel a bit sorry for Cockerill. It’s their backs underperforming, which is Maugers area. He was obviously told the Sarries game was last chance saloon. A couple of bad decisions just before half time cost them the game, and him his job.

jambalaya
    Free Member

What dan says. His track record has been pretty decent and to go after a narrow loss to a dominant Sarries team is a bit bizarre.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Agree, a shame. I’ve always liked Cockerill, and thought he’d done a good job overall. Met him in a pub once, and he was very nice, despite the conversation of a not as-funny-as-he-thought-he-was-drunk-student spoiling his quiet pint.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m surprised that Cockers lasted as long as he did given how they have performed over the last two or three seasons. They’ve lost good players and not really replaced them plus they spunked a huge amount on Manu the sick note. But I’m equally surprised that they did it half way through the season.

The writing was kind of on the wall with reports about the coaching set up being ‘toxic’. The way they’ve played has bs led this up; they’ve loked rudderless. On top of that they e been humped by Glasgow and humiliated by Munster in Europe.

They’ve sacked coaches in the past for better performances than Cockers has achieved this season.

jambalaya
    Free Member

On top of that they e been humped by Glasgow

We can ask Dan Carter about that feeling too

tinybits
    Free Member

Mindmap has it. I’m an avid Leicester and indeed, Cockers fan from way back as a player. Loved him as a coach in the past but Tigers look clueless, not just in their individual and team performances, but also in any form of improvement plan or direction.

Wonder how good Mauger is as a coach really!

dantsw13

We’ll find out!

onehundredthidiot

It’s a good sign for home nations rugby.

I think it shows that teams like Glasgow have stepped away from the big contact “win the contact” to play smart, hit the holes rugby. Yeah they have to be physical enough to compete in all aspects but like the ABs it’s about playing rugby not wrestling and big hits.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tuilagi out for the rest of the season.

/career?

wrecker
    Free Member

Him and George North should start a business together.

mindmap3
    Free Member

It looks like a long road back for Manu now with these constant injuries. He’s not an automatic pick for England any more with JJ playing well.

From a Tigers point of view, it was possible not the best bit of business either!

anagallis_arvensis

Bloody Not Toby broken too. **** Bath he never got injured before he joined that lot!
    Sad about Manu, whats he done? Him and Ashley Beck would make an awesome midfield for 1 game a season!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Bloody Not Toby broken too. **** Bath he never got injured before he joined that lot!
    Sad about Manu, whats he done? Him and Ashley Beck would make an awesome midfield for 1 game a season!

Manu has damaged his anterior cruciate ligament.

Interesting article on the Telegraph were Mauger basically says that Cockers got the heave-ho because the two coaches were on different pages.

anagallis_arvensis

No fan of Delon but this looks like a bloody harsh yellow card!

http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/adrumm/watch-delon-armitage-sin-binned-hand-off-top-14-encounter/

tallie
    Free Member

Agree that’s ridiculous – the laws (or “guidelines”) have become completely farcical.

duckman

Fin Russell off to bath with a huge contract buy out is some scuttlebutt doing the rounds.

tjagain

I hope not – he would be daft to do so

anagallis_arvensis

Why would he be daft? Big club in a proper league with much more money.

duckman

He is on 375k at Glasgow, is he going to earn much more than that?

tjagain

He would be daft because Bath will not look after him like Glasgow does

anagallis_arvensis

I expect he would be getting much more money if he went to Bath. Earning time of a pro rugby player is short, he’d be a bit daft to not maximise his earnings.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Ford has has the yips with his goal kicking tonight; two really really bad misses. Farrell will have to have a place for England until we find another kicker or Ford sorts his shit out.

Cockers working with Toulon until the end of the season. That didn’t take long!

tjagain

AA – so he could have a long career being a star in a big team with a chance of winning silverwhere where he will be well looked after – or go down south for possibly more money, poorer welfare and no guarantee of regular first team rugby. Its not as if Glasgow stint on saleries. I really think he would be very foolish to go south now – he is still young and still developing as a player. In a few years go south for the money yes – but not now. too many Scotland internationals have ruined their careers chasing money down south

wrecker
    Free Member

Whatever makes you think that B*** or any AP team don’t look after their players as well as any scottish club does?
    Considering the amount of money they pay the players, it makes no sense at all.

anagallis_arvensis

Whatever makes you think that B*** or any AP team don’t look after their players as well as any scottish club does?

I was wondering about that.

he could have a long career being a star in a big team

I thought he played for Glasgow?

These new tackle laws eh…two soft as shit yellows in the Scarlets Ulster game. Mitrea is a shite ref though so have to see how it goes. Had no clue in the scrums or rucks tonight.

duckman

They play fewer games and on borderline injuries the SRU ensure they don’t play. Nobody;certainly not the established internationals, is ever “carrying a knock” for Glasgow or Edinburgh. Russell doesn’t seem to have developed too badly playing for Glasgow judging by his performances.

wrecker
    Free Member

Russell doesn’t seem to have developed too badly playing for Glasgow judging by his performances.

Can’t (and didn’t) dispute that. Wanting a talented scottish player to remain playing in scotland is a very valid reason for not wanting him to leave, but to suggest that players in the AP don’t get well looked after or suffer poor welfare is daft.
    G and E might be under SRU ownership at present, but as we have seen in the last few months, that might not remain the case.

tjagain

Compare the treatment of North and Russell with head injuries?

Because the SRU control the teams they ensure that the players are well looked after. I think in 3 – 5 years time Russell should be looking for another club. Not now. Then he will be right at his peak and could command big money. Now he would be better off staying at Glasgow. I would expect him to get an offer similar to Hogg who got £325000 per year. Would Bath really go much higher? Russell would also have better release for internationals staying in Scotland and Glasgow still have unfinished business in the European Cup that I would think Russell would want to be part of.

wrecker
    Free Member

North worth was no better treated by wales than Saints.

I would expect him to get an offer similar to Hogg who got £325000 per year. Would Bath really go much higher?

Well they must, or he wouldn’t be tempted to move. Priestland is reportedly earning £290,000 and he’s hardly played AND he’s just re-signed!
    Not sure tonights loss to newcastle would have been enticing though…..especially with those sitters missed by flakey ford.

wrecker
    Free Member

Saints team vs Bris tomorrow;

15 Ben Foden
    14 Jamie Elliott
    13 Luther Burrell
    12 JJ Hanrahan
    11 George North
    10 Stephen Myler
    9 Nic Groom
    1 Alex Waller
    2 Mikey Haywood
    3 Kieran Brookes
    4 Courtney Lawes
    5 Christian Day
    6 Tom Wood (capt)
    7 Teimana Harrison
    8 Louis Picamoles

16 Charlie Clare
    17 Ethan Waller
    18 Paul Hill
    19 James Craig
    20 Jamie Gibson
    21 Lee Dickson
    22 Harry Mallinder
    23 Juan Pablo Estelles

HOLY CRAP!!!!!
    I feel our winning streak (albeit a small one) might be coming to an abrupt end!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 6,096 total)

The topic ‘Rugby thread 2016/2017’ is closed to new replies.