Viewing 40 posts - 5,201 through 5,240 (of 6,096 total)
  • Rugby thread 2016/2017
  • lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Has hell frozen – Mike Brown passed !

dantsw13

Is that the Brown who’s s@@t in the air?????

sprocker
    Free Member

Just rewound that as in disbelief, a brown pass !!!!

RichPenny
    Free Member

😯

Could have had 15-1 for Brown passing in the game. Two passes was referred to the special circumstances team at the bookies.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Halfpenny looked poor in the 6N i thought. Struggled under high balls too and although he’s been immense previously, it looked like he was living on historic performances and didn’t deserve a lions place. But the last couple of games he’s found himself again. Much as i like Hogg he’s not proven himself on the Tour.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Gel, of a take from Brown at pace and didn’t look for contact. He then passed the ball. He passed last week too! Jeez.

DanW
    Free Member

1/2p was straight back from injury for the 6N wasn’t he?

anagallis_arvensis

No, as I said – short term local boys to cover Tuesday, best available for rest of tour.

I think they think they have enough!

Halfpenny looked poor in the 6N i thought. Struggled under high balls too and although he’s been immense previously, it looked like he was living on historic performances and didn’t deserve a lions place.

Fair point. Interestingly in attack this morning they used him close in as a second distributer, his passing not bad.

anagallis_arvensis

And again!@

wrecker
    Free Member

Jesus. Yarde is a liability. I can’t see what even Wade gives away to him in defence. Shocking from a supposed international standard player.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Watching as a neutral, this is utterly ace! A great game of rugby.

sprocker
    Free Member

Another scoring pass !!!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Only watching on bbc website feed but another cracking international. Argentina deserve to win one of these.

@aa Gatland’s achievments are mostly in the distant past. Australia are the weakest team the Lions face. As I posted before my interest in the tour waned significantly when he was reappointed it it wasn’t helped either by Andy Farrell being involved.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Blindly. Briwn setting up two tries. What alternative universe have I found myself in?

Yarde has done sweet FA this week.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Slade has been a bit poo too this week. Not done much other than knock the ball on.

anagallis_arvensis

@aa Gatland’s achievments are mostly in the distant past

4 years is distant past? Quite an achievement getting out of the pool at last world cup that was 2 years ago. Is this one of your Jambafacts I hear about?

wrecker
    Free Member

Jamba has some valid points here, Gatland hasn’t achieved anything in years.
    These call ups are a stain on the Lions shirt. I saw Flatman tweet that the competition for a Lions shirt is supposed to be fair and he’s right. It stinks. None of these guys has anywhere near earned the right to get a Lions cap.

tjagain

Well he has successfully guided Wales down the rankings 😉

Kryton57

These call ups are a stain on the Lions shirt. I saw Flatman tweet that the competition for a Lions shirt is supposed to be fair and he’s right. It stinks. None of these guys has anywhere near earned the right to get a Lions cap.

+1. Launchbury / Grey et al could easily be ready for the second test. Now we have some half baked Lions making up the numbers. It’s wrong.

anagallis_arvensis

“Jamba has some valid points here, Gatland hasn’t achieved anything in years.”

2 years ago he coached an injury ravaged wales to a world cup win over England at twickenham. I think Wales should have given him the push then. He also hasnt coached anyone for a year dont forget.

Flatman makes a good point but would Launchbury be ready to play again in 2 days after a long flight? Would Robshaw? They need players for tuesday. Its already sunday in NZ. Cory Hill is **** shit and an embarassment to the jersey but at least he’ll have been training today!

anagallis_arvensis

1. Launchbury / Grey et al could easily be ready for the second test

They are not needed for the second test they are needed for tuesday, jesus its like shouting down a cave! If players end up being needed for the tests i suspect even Cement head wont be stupid enough to start Cory Hill.

wrecker
    Free Member

2 years ago he coached an injury ravaged wales to a world cup win over England at twickenham.

Is that a measure of success? I doubt Gatland considers so, I would hope not anyway.

Flatman makes a good point but would Launchbury be ready to play again in 2 days after a long flight? Would Robshaw?

Fair points too. I must say that I feel for Robshaw here, it’s his last chance of a Lions cap and it would be a absolute travesty that a player of his quality doesn’t get a cap just because gatland doesn’t like him.
    Launch will get another crack, he can take this one on the chin. Having said that, they should both be getting on a plane to NZ. Realistically they might have to push out 20 minutes of rugby in two days, I would expect that they could manage that, and do it well. It’s just the right thing to do.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Robshaw was very good today; worked his socks off for the full 80. Would he play over the current Lions options?

Lauchburry will be shagged after a very long season. I’m glad he’s not been called up do he can crack on with some rest and recovery. He’s got enough time to make another tour.

England youngsters went really well tonight. The strength in depth is great to see especially as players will cone back from NZ broken etc. Ford was brilliant tonight; kicked al but one goal, ontrolled the game and took a drop goal to take them beyond seven points. The depth is important with guys like Haskell not getting back to the form he was in last season.

One of the Argentinian players (can’t spell his name) was a bugger for no arm tackles including one that nearly injured Hughes.

wrecker
    Free Member

Would he play over the current Lions options?

That’s not really the question though. He’s certainly an asset be it in the broader squad and he deserves the honour (or is it? I’m not so sure now) One thing is certain, there will be more injuries.

igm

Is this the most divisive Lions tour ever?

Or was there a worse one?

tjagain

The last 3 have been pretty divisive with the coaches taking their pals over in form players

I think the lions is dying and this tour has been a handful of nails in the coffin. For most Scots fans it no longer feels like “our” team because of the way our players are overlooked time and time again

gauss1777
    Free Member

tjagain what did “Last one” mean 😉

dantsw13

The fact is TJ, that Scotland have been the weakest of the home nations for many a year. You can put forward cogent arguments for the inclusion of many, but equally, others have strong(er) cases. We all get upset when our favourites don’t make it – personally it’s a travesty Robshaw and Hartley aren’t touring – but I’m not sure who of the original squad I would leave out.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We all get upset when our favourites don’t make it

Some of us are pleased.

pk13

England looking good even with lions things going on.
    I like yarde but that’s 2 poor games now
    Ford was on par with the best players on the world stage in this test, But brown passed is he OK?
    Will collier looks good too. Just need a no6 for the future.

Not sure what’s going on with the loins thou I hear Gavin Henson is being flown in 😯

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Well, the two best performances by a NH fly-half this summer have both been by George Ford.

And no a_a – they weren’t playing the Jaguares. They were playing the Pumas, at home, in a packed stadium with a partisan crowd. They might be the same players but it’s not the same team.

Even Mike Brown played well. Gave two scoring passes! That’s two more than in his entire England career thus far IIRC.

igm

Hmmm. Not Russell against the Aussies then? For either of the top two NH fly half performances?

tjagain

igm – Member

Hmmm. Not Russell against the Aussies then? For either of the top two NH fly half performances?

Of course not – he is Scottish so only performs against poor teams and so it doesn’t count.

duckman

igm – Member
    Is this the most divisive Lions tour ever?

Or was there a worse one?

POSTED 7 HOURS AGO #

Very;based on the coach and squad,and with apologies to the Irish fans, I will be cheering the all blacks.
    I look forward to next week when the master race are blaming the coach and AA is blaming the English players. Still; ref isn’t an issue and there is another test the next week,so probably just the six pages.

Kryton57

Leopards etc… 🙄

anagallis_arvensis

They might be the same players but it’s not the same team.

?

anagallis_arvensis

Lions team to face Chiefs:

L Williams (Wales); J Nowell (England), J Payne (Ireland), R Henshaw (Ireland), E Daly (England); D Biggar (Wales), G Laidlaw (Scotland); J Marler (England), R Best (Ireland), D Cole (England), I Henderson (Ireland), C Lawes (England), J Haskell (England), J Tipuric (Wales), C Stander (Ireland).

Replacements:

K Dacey (Wales), A Dell (Scotland), T Francis (Wales), C Hill (Wales), AW Jones (Wales), G Davies (Wales), F Russell (Scotland), T Seymour (Scotland).

Guess that means Daly isnt starting next week, would prefer him to North and that Sinkler will be on bench.

So test 23 looking like

1/2p
    North
    Davies/Joseph/Teo
    Teo/Faz
    Watson
    Sexton
    Murray
    Faletau
    SOB
    POM (capt)
    itoje
    Kruis
    Furlong
    George
    Vunipola

Mcgrath
    Owens
    Sinkler
    AWJ/Henderson
    Warburton
    Webb
    ?
    ?

wrecker
    Free Member

Just need a no6 for the future

Wilson looked good for a debutant in the first test. We have a lad called sam jefferies at briz who I think could well make the grade too.

anagallis_arvensis

Very weak Chiefs team missing those in All Blacks and Maori All Blacks. They were my brothers team so I will be a bit torn on tuesday am

Head Coach: Dave Rennie
    Captain: Stephen Donald

1. Siegfried Fisi’ihoi (24)
    2. Liam Polwart (2)
    3. Nepo Laulala (11)
    4. Dominic Bird (25)
    5. Michael Allardice (20)
    6. Mitchell Brown (14)
    7. Lachlan Boshier (15)
    8. Tom Sanders (19)
    9. Finlay Christie (6)
    10. Stephen Donald (100)
    11. Solomon Alaimalo (6)
    12. Johnny Faauli (5)
    13. Tim Nanai-Williams (82)
    14. Toni Pulu (21)
    15. Shaun Stevenson (21)

16. Hika Elliot (116)
    17. Aidan Ross (2)
    18. Atu Moli (24)
    19. Liam Messam (159)
    20. Mitchell Karpik (5)
    21. Jonathan Taumateine (6)
    22. Luteru Laulala*
    23. Chase Tiatia*

anagallis_arvensis

“Just need a no6 for the future”

How did Underhill go? I only watched bits. He could be a 6 in a similar way to Robshaw if he makes the step up shame he was injured most of this season, the nect one will be huge for him.

Viewing 40 posts - 5,201 through 5,240 (of 6,096 total)

The topic ‘Rugby thread 2016/2017’ is closed to new replies.