Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rug Doctors…worth it?
  • jamesy01
    Free Member

About to move kid one from nursery to big room before kid 2 appears. Thinking the carpets could do with a clean after redecorating.
    Anyone hired a Rug Doctor and are they any good?
    Hoping to do 4 rooms and a hall/stairs over the weekend!

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

We did our old house. If the carpets are pretty new and not too engrained with dirt then yes probably worth it. If they are very old and have a lot of traffic marks I wouldn’t bother. Plus it took 4 days for two of the carpets to dry out. That was in August with the doors and windows open. They are also very difficult to manouver round a small room.
    If we weren’t about to replace all our carpets with wooden floors I might consider a wet vac every six months.

D0NK

Pretty good and very quick, got one for 24hours did 2 very big rooms. (Ground and second floor are full length of house) hall and landing, admittedly more smaller rooms will bump up your time. Buy lots of shampoo! having an empty house would help drying.

Some people have horror stories about leaking units that soaked and ruined carpets and underlay so test it out somewhere first.

giantjason
    Free Member

When we moved into our house we used a rug doctor to clean throughout. Hired it for a whole weekend and did a couple of runs over the carpets and they turned out pretty good. You will be surprised at the amount of dirt it takes out.

tomfun

They are the best carpet cleaner you can get! Buy the biggest tub of cleaning agent you can, it will save money next time you rent one. Once you’ve used it, you will rent one again!

tomhughes46

My housemate spilled a Thermos of three week old hot chocolate on some rented carpet. The smell was incomparable. After trying many many things, we hired a Rug Doctor and it got it out, as well as a lot of crap from old student house carpet. Have used them in various rental houses since and never felt disappointed.

nostoc
    Free Member

I ran out of the special cleaning stuff so used washing powder. Was just as good and a lot cheaper. Good machines.

Kryton57

Bearing in mind it’s Friday night, this thread isn’t quite what I imagined it’d be after I’d read the title.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

I’ve tried a few different cleaners over the years and rug doctor has been the very best. Results on our cream carpets were brilliant and tbh I like the process!
    Can’t wait to clean them again! But I’m the kinda person who can watch the X5 steam mop advert for hours.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rug Doctors…worth it?’ is closed to new replies.