Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • RSP Plummet v Reverb…
  • rascal
    Free Member

I know it’s not a fair fight if both are performing as they should but bear with me!

Just sold my Reverb as I was fed up with it – brilliant when it worked but needed second IFP in a matter of months (seat pulled up when lowered – not by me!). Resigned to going back to a rigid post until droppers become reasonably priced. Would like a dropper that’s reliable and easy to fix and buying a new Reverb so I get a warranty is very pricey. Anyone have any experience of the RSP Plummet? Looks good and potentially easier to fix. Only 100mm but wondering if it’s worth a punt for £80. If it’s less likely to bork than a Reverb (there must be a mountain of warrantied Reverbs somewhere judging by the amount of people who have had replacements) I’d be happy to try it….maybe! Any thoughts? Am I mad? Failing that, any deals around on droppers? Cheers

prawny

Don’t they do a 125mm plummet now? I’ve only ever had cheap posts (2 eTens and a brand x ascend) and they’ve? been very reliable so far.

rascal
    Free Member

Cheers prawny – that’s a bonus about the travel. No regrets going ‘cheap’ then?

paule
    Free Member

I’ve had a plummet 100mm for about 6 mounts now, and it’s fine. Works nicely, only problem is that it is very picky about clamping force on the seatclamp, the lightest bit too much and it doesn’t return the last few mm…. Otherwise it’s great!

rascal
    Free Member

Cheers Paul.
    Bump for the back-to-work crowd.

middleagedmadness
    Free Member

had a eten for the last 18months , had plenty of abuse snet it back 2 weeks ago (2yr warranty) as I blew the canister was back within 5 days and working perfectly ,no issues with going down the budget route

schmiken

Personally I’d buy one of these:

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/kind-shock-lev-eteni-integra-seatpost-420-mm-493358/wg_id-369

(And I plan to for the Inbred!)

prawny

No regrets for me, I couldn’t afford a reverb or similar, and to be honest I’m struggling to see how one would be much better other than having more drop (I’ve got 120mm now, could run 150 on my frame)

rascal
    Free Member

Sorry if it’s a dull post (no pun intended), just trying to establish whether a cheap(er) post is a viable option.
    Any more useful input appreciated.

rascal
    Free Member
    hammerite
    Free Member

Happy with my Brand X. £105 from Ubyk too.

prawny

I’ve got that brand x post, it’s stealth only but as long as it’s compatible it’s really good.

rascal
    Free Member

Cheers both – is there any kind of rebound control on it or does it ‘thud’ upwards like a rocket whilst crushing a nut or two?

hammerite
    Free Member

It comes up fairly gently while making a satisfying thunk sound when it reaches the top.

rascal
    Free Member

Can you adjust it though? There must be a way of pressuring it too – an air valve like a Reverb?

nairnster
    Free Member

Non adjustable. However you can control the speed up with good control of the remote.

prawny

As above, comes up a good speed, certainly not enough to cause you an injury but fast enough to make a decent thunk at the top so you know it’s up.

dahedd
    Free Member

I’ve no issues recommending the Plummet. Picked up a 125mm external for my Wazoo a few weeks ago. Bar the cable being frayed when I got it (bolt in trigger tightened too much when packed I think) High on Bikes sent me a new cable within 48hrs.

Working perfectly so far.

Only gripe being the way the saddle attaches to the post. Never seen such an awkward design. Inevitably you’ll end up taking paint off the mount for the cable trying to tighten the front bolt.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘RSP Plummet v Reverb…’ is closed to new replies.