Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • RSP Plummet servicing?
  • slowboydickie

Has anyone found a service manual or vid? Mine arrived and after 2 rides the lever doesn’t pull through. I took the back off it and there is no obvious way to disconnect the cable or take the it apart.

Not quite as simple as the gravity dropper.

Cheers
    Rich

smurfly13
    Free Member

Same as Satori sorata pro if that helps googling.

Mine came with instruction and was pretty simple so not sure if have them anymore…

In short it was the nut on top to gain access, plastic grub screw on side and then small Allen key in plastic screw hole to release cable (had to take out the spring to get full access to Allen bolt)

slowboydickie

Thanks. Worked it out. Packed with grease so now v smooth.

russblade
    Free Member

Hi, dickie would like to know more about your dropper been reading up on them and asked on another site and got grief from the reverb badge snobs lol

smurfly13
    Free Member

russblade – buy one, they are ultra simple to use and reliable when first serviced.

They come from the factory with thick grease on them that doesn’t work particularly well, so after a clean up and re-grease mine has been faultless for over 6 months now.

slowboydickie

It’s fine, a bit like a gravity dropper accept you don’t have to bump the seat to make it go down. Only 2 rides old so not sure about durability given the actuation mechanism needed servicing already. Slapped full of grease which might help. I needed a cheap 27.2 one for my single speed. I also have a reverb which has been faultless for 3 years.

russblade
    Free Member

Cheers guys I’m a fan of cheap and cheerful, so will get one

Suggsey
    Free Member

Well blow me, I asked for some riders feedback on these last week as I was considering chancing one in view of the price for my 27.2 seat tube. If you wouldn’t mind updating it in another month or so as to durability I would be obliged. 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘RSP Plummet servicing?’ is closed to new replies.