Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • RSP Plummet opinions please .
  • oldfart

Wanting a dropper for my HT but limited because of 27.2 seatpost . JE James have the Plummet available in said size through Amazon for £82 . Anybody used one at all ? Other problem is there’s no routing for cable on my frame and being Ti I’m a bit reluctant to go the zip tie route ? Might be able to run cable under TT along with rear hose and mech cable I suppose ?

oldfart

Anybody ?

isitafox
    Free Member

I’ve got a barely used one you can have for £50 posted if you want to give it a whirl?
    Put it on my CX bike but then switched to drop bars which the lever wouldn’t fit on so it came off.

jairaj

I’m very happy with mine. Not as smooth and refined as Reverb or LEV but it’s reliable and does what it says on the tin. Push the button sit on the post and it goes down. Push the button again and it pops up. Its undamped so it pops up very fast but I’ve never felt it smack my arse or gentleman parts.

regarding routing, I have a brake hose routed along the top tube on my bike. I zip tied the plummet cable to the brake hose not the frame.

tomd
    Free Member

KS do one (eTen I think) for £125 rrp now in 27.2, I got one for my wife’s bike and it seems fine. Should have decent warranty backup needed. Just another budget-ish option for you. The remote is ergonomic, smooth and it goes up and down nicely.

Her bike is an old Cotic Soul with no routing for it. I just bundled it with the other cables under the TT and it doesn’t look too bad really.

Cheezpleez

I have one which worked well for about 18 months before getting lots of slop in the bushing. Still works but rattles nastily. There doesn’t seem to be possible to get spares so I retired it.

martinhutch

Old one or new one – new one is hydraulic with infinite adjust etc, the other one has a spring and three positions. Can’t comment on the former, but had the latter, which worked only intermittently then ate itself spectacularly halfway round a Lake District ride, so can’t really recommend.

canopy
    Free Member

I’ve got the new 2017 ‘infanite’ (their typo) version. Works good for me! There’s an older post here discussing it, with pics. Can’t link at mo as posting from phone

joebristol

I have the old style mechanical plummet post. Had it just over a year now I think. In terms of maintenance I’ve not had to do anything. The post hasn’t been stripped, I haven’t adjusted the tension and haven’t done any maintenance on the remote cable either.

It still works exactly the same as it did when new. I don’t have another dropper to compare it to as it’s the only one I’ve had. My mates ks lev has had to be rebuilt in the same time and it’s more temperamental.

Obv the mechanical one isn’t infinitely adjustable – it’s either up, down or halfway up. I mostly use it halfway down – it only gets fully down on a steep dh or if loaf’s of dropoffs. Like at flyup 417 on the red run or boneville at BPW.

There is some slop on the saddle from new – but this isn’t something you notice when riding and hasn’t got worse that I’ve noticed.

Main upside vs a lot of other cheap posts (externally routed ones) is that the cable goes into the front of the postnear where it goes into the frame. So it stays mud free.

Main downside is how ugly the rubber boot is – but it’s essential to leave this on.

oldfart

I thanks folks , Isitafox thanks for the offer , given the temperamental nature of these things best I buy new if at all in case I need to activate a warranty .

oldfart

Just looked at KS , the cable routing on the RSP looks neater as it comes out half way down the post rather than under the saddle avoiding all that excess cable I get on my KS Supernatural . 🙄

asbrooks

I use the TMARS dropper. It does the job.
    Bit of advice, before you fit it, pull back the gaiter and add some (a lot of) grease. Keeps the water out and ensures that it doesn’t get stuck. Mine’s been on my bike for over a year and is still working as it should.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘RSP Plummet opinions please .’ is closed to new replies.