Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • RS Sektor Damping Help Needed
  • lbjones
    Free Member

Right, ecuse my ignorance but…..

Ive recently picked up a second hand Specialized Pitch which has RS Sektors Solo Air fitted with (apparently) motion control compression damping however, Im really struggling with dive under breaking and when taking steep drops slowly.

The forks have a compression lock out and rebound damping adjustment but no adjustment for compression damping. Ive had a quick research and have found reference to adjustable floodagtes, however, this seems to only affect the effect of the lock out.

So….. is there an upgrage for the compression damping to give more adjustment and avoid the fork diving??

patriotpro
    Free Member

Yes RCT3 I believe… Tis supposed to be the be all and end all of compression damping.

lbjones
    Free Member

Thanks patriotpro, so Im assuming I’d be able to buy an RCT3 and swop it out with the current dampers in the Sektor? Had a bit of a google but cant figure out too much info. Would this give adjustable damping when fully open or just allow more positions on the lockout adjustment?

lbjones
    Free Member

Bump. 🙂

RustyMac

I am told you really get the best out of the RTC damper by combining it with the dual flow rebound damper.

Email Loco through his website locotuning and he will be able to price up the parts and explain what does what.

pedalon
    Free Member

If you have a Motion Control sticker on the fork then the compression damping control is on the same lever that controls the lock-out. It should go between fully-open and locked out with around 5 or so ‘clicks’ of adjustable compression damping in between.

lbjones
    Free Member

Thanks Guys

Pedalon – Its got a motion control sticker on it but no adjustment on the compression damping, just the lock out dial with 2 positions, on and off. Does this sound right, Im now suspecting someone has stuck a motion control sticker on. I did wonder as Evans has it listed as the TK model on the Pitch so that wouldnt have motion control damping?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

speak to a suspension tuner…. (Loco/TF etc)

What you are lacking is probably Low Speed Compression Damping

In simple terms..

Compression
    High Speed/Normal – How the for performs over normal hits
    Low Speed – Standing up to the gentle lean on the forks or step down/slow drop off stuff (going down some rocks slowly) Requires a different approach to HS and as we use the HS much more often not normally included on most forks.

pedalon
    Free Member

It does sound as though they’ve stuck a sticker on. I think the blue dial should say compression on it as well as the padlock symbol if it’s motion control.

Should be able to replace the damper easy enough. Like others have said give Loco a shout he should be able to supply you with it, and it’s a reasonably straight forward job. The dual-flow rebound is a worthwhile upgrade too. Would have thought you’d be able to get both for around £100.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘RS Sektor Damping Help Needed’ is closed to new replies.