Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Tory MP in homophobic farore shocker…
  • allthegear
    Free Member

I had better tell those people I know in same-sex relationships that also have kids to put them in a home or something then…

:-/

Rachel

MSP

The shadow Welsh secretary, Owen Smith, attacked the comments as evidence that the “nasty party is alive and well under David Cameron”.

Shame the opposition couldn’t just point out a few facts and realities instead of jumping in with childish and clichéd soundbites.

Really it seams no matter how embarrassingly stupid a comment one party makes, the others just want to make themselves seem equally pathetic.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Funny how the responses immediately started to offer this as evidence that the Tory party is “nasty”, before ityro2012 posted a long list of Labour MP’s who’d voted against “gay marriage”…

Most amusing.

binners

He might have a point though. How are you supposed to raise children if you spend your days snorting poppers, rollerblading, dancing to Euro disco and bumming?

ransos
    Free Member

Funny how the responses immediately started to offer this as evidence that the Tory party is “nasty”, before ityro2012 posted a long list of Labour MP’s who’d voted against “gay marriage”…

A list somewhat shorter than the list of Tory MPs who voted against it.

So what’s your point?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

They’re all cahnts.

toys19
    Free Member

I reckon he will be outed sooner or later. Or caught on video with a ladyboy.

br
    Free Member

Jones said: “I regard marriage as an institution that has developed over many centuries, essentially for the provision of a warm and safe environment for the upbringing of children, which is clearly something that two same-sex partners can’t do.

A bit of a contradiction there; as once gays’ can marry then surely the ‘environment’ is there?

legend
    Free Member

indeed, but the mechanics are still somewhat difficult to overcome

allthegear
    Free Member

erm – toys19 – that’s a couple of times you felt the need to mention ladyboys in your posts. Anything you want to tell us all?? 🙄

Kevevs
    Free Member

I wonder what the percentage of really fecked up nasty criminal people’s parents were heterosexual and married at one point and err, not gay. Heterosexual, married parents are automatically kind and loving and warm then? My twisted logic kind of contradicts yer argument there a bit bud. How do these people get to represent us is beyond me. This guy just sounds really thick!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I read that as him meaning they cannot have kids tbh. Clumsy language but ambiquous IMHO

When I say cannot have kids I mean biologically together etc for clarity. I have same sex mates with kids but see how many caveats you need
    It goes without saying all Tories are **** and some on all sides of the political spectrum, I call them religious,are homophobic re marriage

Kevevs
    Free Member

Funny, cos I read it as a gay couple can’t provide a caring nurturing loving home.

footflaps

Funny, cos I read it as a gay couple can’t provide a caring nurturing loving home.

+ 1

More poor use of language that out right homophobia, but I’m sure the Tory whips will pick him up on this and make sure he toes the party line and is 100% homophobic from now on.

Kevevs
    Free Member

😀

project
    Free Member

So do gay parents make good mums and dads,

probably yes, good jobs, high disposble income, fun loving, well dressed,gereat desin sence and funny and helpful to all.

Totally the opposite to a conservative.

Must try and meet a conservative and see if they have kids, not looked after by a nanny.Eg part time parents.

unklehomered
    Free Member

On the clumsy language point, I think could be a valid excuse if that was said down the pub. But that sentence structure, from an MP, (any MP, but it does tend be the Tories) in the weeks after the first gay marriage vote when surely all the Tories would have been sent on a special course on how not to sound too homophobic even if you are, can’t be excused… either on grounds of just being incredibly offensive, or just too plain incompetent to be allowed out unsupervised.

MrSparkle

good jobs, high disposble income, fun loving, well dressed,gereat desin sence and funny and helpful to all.

How’s that for a generalisation? And some shit spelling… ;0)

Northwind

I think it conceivably could just be wrong choice of words… Not impossible. Don’t think it was, though.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

project – Member
    So do gay parents make good mums and dads,

probably yes, good jobs, high disposble income, fun loving, well dressed,gereat desin sence and funny and helpful to all.

Totally the opposite to a conservative.

Must try and meet a conservative and see if they have kids, not looked after by a nanny.Eg part time parents.

POSTED 11 MINUTES AGO #

Congratulations you are now a fully paid up member of the received opinion club !

jamj1974

I think it is about time we see the other side of this…

I know many gay couples both with and without children who would withdraw the right of Tories to marry, cohabit or procreate – as well as removing any possibility of adoption.

:mrgreen:

clubber
    Free Member

Some of my best friends are Tory mps ..

nicko74

homophobic farore shocker

Is that homophobic town in Portugal? Nice place, apart from the gay-bashing, obviously

Gary_C

O.P. in unable to spell furore shocker. 😀

carbon337
    Free Member

Man in public office not allowed personal opinion shocker.

jamj1974

clubber – Member
    Some of my best friends are Tory mps ..
    POSTED 10 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

And hopefully they have a sense of humour! 🙂

El-bent
    Free Member

Man in public office airs his personal opinions via the press shocker.

enfht
    Free Member

Good to see the Enlightened™ are united in their Toryphobia. 8)

El-bent
    Free Member

If there’s just one thing in the world you have to dislike, might as well be the Tories.

Northwind

carbon337 – Member

Oh, he’s allowed a personal opinion. The issue isn’t that he dared to have an opinion, it’s that it seems to be an ill-informed, prejudiced and offensive one. Is it hard to understand the difference between being dissatisfied with someone’s opinion, and dissatisfied that he has one?

jamj1974

I wasn’t seriously suggesting preventing Conservatives having formal or informal relationships nor from procreating. I was joking, simply suggesting how ludicrous it is to: –
    – stereotype by political persuasion
    – reduce basic rights or opportunities based on sexuality

brakes
    Free Member

the levels of Toryphobia on this thread are sickening.

brakes
    Free Member

they should really be higher.

DezB
    Free Member

Am I allowed to say on this thread how much I really don’t give a toss about any of what the thread is about? Please.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

enfht – Member
    Good to see the Enlightened™ are united in their Toryphobia.

Glad to see your pride in being unenlightened enfht. 😆

carbon337
    Free Member

“ill-informed, prejudiced and offensive one”

to you maybe.

Coyote
    Free Member

There was a Tory **** on the radio last week discussing gay marriage. He stated that the purpose of marriage was to raise children therefore gay marriage was wrong. Was quickly put down by a presenter suggesting that marriage between the over 50s and infertile couples should also be made illegal as clearly they wouldn’t produce much in the way of offspring.

I think that we need to cull a few MPs to remind them that they are there to enable the will of the majority, clearly something that they have forgotten. In the interest of fairness and equality I would suggest Michael Gove, Danny Alexander and Ed Balls to start with.

Coyote
    Free Member

Good to see the Enlightened™ are united in their Toryphobia

Doesn’t phobia imply a fear of something. If I despise something it doesn’t mean I fear it. I have a phobia of moths which means I am terrified of them. I’d never wish ill on one or go out of my way to harm one though. Tory MPs on the other hand… 😈

Northwind

carbon337 – Member

to you maybe.

No, ill-informed and prejudiced isn’t a “to you maybe”- it is or it isn’t.

When someone says that marriage is “essentially for the provision of a warm and safe environment for the upbringing of children, which is clearly something that two same-sex partners can’t do.”, that’s undeniably ill-informed.

And the only thing that can drive that sort of bat**** wrongheadedness is prejudice- there’s no logical argument for it whatsoever.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Tory MP in homophobic farore shocker…’ is closed to new replies.