Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • RS Revs… souding a bit squelchy
  • alpin
    Free Member

played around with the air pressures and i think i'm losing air from the Neg chamber. the dust cap is oily and the forks make a squelchy noise when compressed.

the fork could do with some loving and i've been meaning to service it myself, but the LBS man says it'll probably need the Neg air chamber thingy replaced (although it could well be something else) and i'd be best sending it off to RS (at a cost of 80-100€ minimum).

any thoughts? should i just stomach it and hope it doesn't cost me a leg?

RealMan
    Free Member

Sounds like they're pretty beat up, mine were in the same kind of state when I got back from the Alps. Sent them back, and they were fixed under warranty. Got charged for postage, but that's it I think.

nuke

Service them yourself…its really not that hard and there is plenty of help online.

Negative is always a bit oily unless you have the forks upside down before removing the cap.

Don't quite understand the "need new neg air chamber"…probably just need new seals. At a very basic level, the air chamber is just a tube with a rod and seal entering the base for the negative and similarly for the positive.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oldgrump08
    Free Member

I find my Rebas and Revs sound squelchy when the lockout blow off/compression adjustment thingy is used.

alpin
    Free Member

nah. just plain old squelchy with or with out lock-out. it wasn't always so.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘RS Revs… souding a bit squelchy’ is closed to new replies.