Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • RS Reverb Normal vs Stealth
  • RDL-82
    Free Member

Anyone got experience of both?

Working out spec for new toy and frame can take Stealth version of the Reverb. Is it worth the extra £40 over the normal (although that seems to include the bleed kit unlike most of the normal ones at the usual places) and is it much more of pain when it comes to bleeding etc as bleed points bottom of post on the Stealth is it not?

Any thoughts/opinions would be great.

wiggles
    Free Member

Go for stealth if you have the routing.

Can’t rip the hose off the post when you crash

RDL-82
    Free Member

What do you mean when I crash? Do you know me that well?!

Valid point though, hadn’t thought about that tbh.

bjlbass1
    Free Member

Hose can also get in the way when clamping in bike stand. So stealth worth it in my book.

samcuk87
    Free Member

Stealth every time if it’s got the routing! Easier to bleed too, you just use the port on the remote unlike the normal one where you have to use 2 syringes!

RDL-82
    Free Member

Oh right, was under impression you bled from bottom of post after reading someone say to make sure hose was long enough to remove post from frame without having start removing clamp from bars. If post can stay in place and just be bled from lever then I’ll go Stealth. Have to go route around SRAM’s site for a manual to look over.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Easier to bleed too, you just use the port on the remote unlike the normal one where you have to use 2 syringes!

Really?!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Still 2 syringes with the Stealths. The second bleed port is in the side of the connectamajig, at the base of the post. You just pull the post slightly out of the frame to get to it. Stealth is worth having IMO.

kristoff
    Free Member

The stealth still uses the two syringe method and the bleed point is at the Base of the seatpost so does need removing to bleed.

With mine I bled it once when first fitted and haven’t needed to since (over a year ago now).

simon_g

I’ve ridden bikes with the regular one, I bought a Stealth for my own bike (and it influenced the choice of my current bike) because while they work exactly the same, that extra loop of hose just bothers me.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Stealth comes in 150mm which can be very handy, my 125mm isn’t enough at all.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Cheers all, Stealth it shall be then.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘RS Reverb Normal vs Stealth’ is closed to new replies.