Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Royal Wooton Bassett
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Raises glass*

BBC1 now.

fadda

*nods sagely*
    Here, here

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

where?

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

dons berret*

raises coffe mug

We will remember them

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Interesting that flashy and his likes raise a glass to a town which has attracted the kind of mawkish sentimentality and grief tourism which he derides when applied to one the “slebs” he hates so much.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Whose turn to provide the biscuits?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Big Steve…biker, RAF vet and gentleman, if I ever see you in a pub, I’m buying.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

Big steve a true gent and brit

speaker2animals

+1 for DeadlyDarcy

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Went past there on the way to t’Quantocks on Friday.

Also went past Chipping Sodbury, which is where Peteimprezza claims he lives, but really, he lives in….

…Yate.

There’ I’ve said it. 😐

emsz
    Free Member

This is such a sad programme, those people are so respectful. I’m blubbing

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

the only thing on tv to make me cry :O

soobalias
    Free Member

too many

big_n_daft
    Free Member

to add context

deadlydarcy – Member
    Interesting that flashy and his likes raise a glass to a town which has attracted the kind of mawkish sentimentality and grief tourism which he derides when applied to one the “slebs” he hates so much.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/who-is-the-outstanding-politician-of-our-generation

deadlydarcy – Member
    Bobby Sands

please find another bridge

HTH

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

big_n_daft

Are you stalking me? You are aren’t you? I’m honoured. Truly. I. Am. This hasn’t happened before.

*Goes off to find everything that big_n_daft has posted lately*

*realises that big_n_daft is the poster that reviews his own posts by his STW moniker*

HTH

anokdale
    Free Member

Not a dry eye in the house, respect.

The Old Desert Rat keeping the book of cards and the honesty of both the Mayors, British at its best.

Lest we Forget

saladdodger
    Free Member

I spent 18 years at RAF Lyneham twas a good part of my life

But what those folk in RWB ( Royal Wotton Bassett) put a lump in my throat bless em

What a touching sadly beautiful program that was

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Sentimental horeshit

Tiger6791

Watched that felt very sad. Very moving also but it felt somewhat voyeuristic, like the cameras shouldn’t have been there. Also felt for the old boy keeping the book, clearly affected by his own losses and doing this to help.

I thought it showed s better side if people not the worse side as some have suggested.

TooTall
    Free Member

the people in WB who started this aren’t the sort of people who seek out publicity or crave attention.

Unfortunately, the lack of common morality, the press and the grief-groupies combined to trash that.

So we are now where we are and the nation has another Diana moment, but in the form of a town that never really liked people in uniform before all of this.

Funny old world.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

*realises that big_n_daft is the poster that reviews his own posts by his STW moniker*

elucidate?

Sentimental horeshit

Geet ‘ard ye!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*is not following orders this evening*

MrOvershoot

Elfinsafety – Member

Went past there on the way to t’Quantocks on Friday.

Also went past Chipping Sodbury, which is where Peteimprezza claims he lives, but really, he lives in….

…Yate.

There’ I’ve said it.

I shouldn’t laugh in a serious thread….

But you seem to have a lot of inside knowledge about the merits of Chipping Sodbury vs Yate (where its not Great) for someone from the Big City?

Your right though as I used to live up the road in Wotton-under-Edge and we thought Yate was a dump 😉

TooTall
    Free Member

Fred being near Yate and Chipping Sodbury is too close for comfort. I’m surprised we couldn’t smell his smog-ridden Eastern London Working Man Attire as he passed amongst us.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yate wasis a dump

Fixed that.

No offence to Yatonians. Wotton’s grand – great riding. Noah’s Ark used to do their race around there didn’t they? Uley beers too. Cotswolds – where the roads go straight up the hills. Lovely part of the world.

EDIT: Just outside Yate all around is loveliness to be found. But the town itself is a bit dire.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You’d be surprised at the depth of my knowledge of stuff you woon’t expect me to know owt about….

cinnamon_girl

the people in WB who started this aren’t the sort of people who seek out publicity or crave attention.

Unfortunately, the lack of common morality, the press and the grief-groupies combined to trash that.

Yep, agreed. Not all of WB is happy with what takes place now.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Royal Wooton Bassett’ is closed to new replies.