Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Roval Traverse wheels – any good?
  • Gnnr

Looking at these wheels, any first hand feedback welcome.
    Unsure about the different rear hubs, I understand that the EL has higher spec internals nut unsure if its worth the extra cash.

So anything I should be aware of before I hit the big red button!

Cheers, G

ruscle
    Free Member

Worth the extra as they are the DT Swiss 240 hubs so easy to maintain, very quick rolling and you can use the DT Swiss conversions to swap out to a rear 12×142 if required. Only downside I found where the alloy nipples are pricey and like all alloy nipples will start to corrode after a couple of years, also the spokes can snap near the nipple after a few years or if over tightened. Very good wheels though especially as you can get them for around £360.

Bregante

Very good wheels though especially as you can get them for around £360.

£300 at Evans! 😯

http://m.evanscycles.com/product/roval%252Ftraverse-el-disc-2010-wheelset-ec029583

mboy
    Free Member

Silly cheap now they’ve got excess stock of the old model and most places are selling them off… Got mine earlier this year, have had no issues whatsoever so far, lighter, stronger and better quality all round than a Hope Pro2 on Stan’s Crest combo, and now similarly priced. The rear hub alone is almost worth the price of the wheelset, would definitely buy again happily.

The only thing I’d change would be the 20mm adapters for the front not to fall out quite so easily when the wheel is in transit, but other than that, they’re awesome!

pitcherpro
    Free Member

I managed to get myself a set of traverse al’s from a enduro expert at my local leisure lakes for £200! Used a couple of times , have given them a good testing on 2 rides so can’t really give a full review as yet . Loving them apart from that bloody 20mm adaptor that Mboy mentioned !

CrombieCraig
    Free Member

15% off at Evans also up til Sun (15% off purchases over £100) therfore wheels are now £255.

mike_p
    Free Member

I bought a pair of Traversee ALs from Evans yesterday, incl. the extra 10% off and 3% from TopCashBack they came in at about £200. They didn’t have the 15% offer on yesterday!

Got a pair of Control SLs already, they’re incredibly light but a bit flexy.

CrombieCraig
    Free Member

I went for a set of Control AL at £170 discounted… Look good for the price!

Janesy
    Free Member

^ Control AL’s are good.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

An extra 15% off?? Where??

Ah, seen it, d’oh!

CrombieCraig
    Free Member

Evans – enter the code MM15 at the checkout

althepal

Pessed the button.. Whoops. Nothing to do with the booze. Will need to explain to the wife tomorrow..
    Turning into an expensive night out!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Roval Traverse wheels – any good?’ is closed to new replies.