Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Routes on Skye
  • BB

Going up there for a week in a few weeks time.

Have got a couple of routes planned (Glen Sligachan, The Quirang loop), but does any else have any ideas on what else to do? I've looked at some previous threads, but the other routes don't seem that inspiring.
    A day of pushing up for a mental downhill appeals. Any tracks in the Cuillins that are worth the push?

I was also thinking of of doing Glen Sligachan as an out and back with this as a loop at the end of it:

Will this be horrible?

(first time posting a link so apologies if it doesn't work)

This:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=150159&y=821631&z=120&sv=150159,821631&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=683&ax=150159&ay=821631&lm=0

Thanks for the help.

debaser

Glen Sligachan is a great ride, I really enjoyed it. Did part of the well publicised loop from the Sligachan Hotel round to Torrin, missing out Strath Mor which I've heard is a bit of a bog/slog. Reckon it would work quite well as an out and back too, although you'd miss the fun descent from Am Mam down to Kilmarie. Mind you I'd have happily gone back down from Am Mam to Camasunary too, looked like it would have been a blast 🙂

I really don't think tackling the bad step with a bike would be much fun at all though.

piha
    Free Member

I've walked that route a couple of times and I doubt I would take a bike on particular bit. As debaser says, the Bad Step would not be fun with a bike. I would be interested to know if anyone on here has done the Bad Step with a bike?

flatfish
    Free Member

Where abouts is the bad step????

piha
    Free Member

Go to the streetmap link ^^^ up there ^^^ and click "down" twice. You can see it on the coastline next to "Loch nan Leachd".

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Routes on Skye’ is closed to new replies.