Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Routes in the Cambrian Mountains?
  • offthebrakes
    Free Member

Spending a few days staying with relatives in Aberdare next week, and hoping to get out for a couple of fairly big days of riding.

I’ve found plenty of routes in the Black Mountains and around Brecon, but not much west of the A470, and would like to minimize the driving to riding ratio.

Have you got any good routes (not trail centres) you can share? Email in profile – thanks 🙂

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Sorry I don’t want to sound picky but Aberdare is a good way below the Cambrians … the Cambrians finish around Llandovery 😉

boblo
    Free Member

Do the Cambrian Way…

nostoc
    Free Member

Look at the routes on the Black Mountain, sort of the triangle between Llanddeusant, Glyntawe, Brynamman. Plenty of bridleways on the map, some hard work but very rewarding.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Ah yes – I’m using Satmap’s route planning app on their website, and when I zoom into a certain level it labels Fan Fawr, Fan Llia, Fan Nedd etc as “Cambrian Mountains”. Then I zoom in further and it changes its mind, how odd 😮

Anyway, not many bridleways in that section, but as nostoc says, plenty of opportunity for a big ride from Glyntawe – cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Routes in the Cambrian Mountains?’ is closed to new replies.