Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • routes around Burton Bradstock
  • andywill

We are going to Burton Bradstock for a long weekend next week. I will have time for one ride only. Does anyone have an off road route that would take in the best trails in the area. Could do with a route about 20 miles long. Can anyone help.
    Andy

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Lovely area, not that much in the immediate area though for the distance you're after, it's mainly cheeky trails. Portland's got some good stuff if you don't mind driving over there. Alternatively, wander over to the Purbecks and do the Corfe Castle area

andywill

Would you have any GPX routes, of the areas you mention, that I could use.
    Andy

alanl
    Free Member

I was there a few weeks ago. Started at Abbotsbury, went along the coast to Burton, then took the road to the Hardy monument, with a few diversions onto bridleways. Not many trails around, and what are there are hilly. In fact the whole area has hills in abundance. The coast path gets a little boring after a couple of miles, but probably worth using to get along the coast easily.
    I bought an OS map, and just made it up as I went along, no planned route, and when I was knackered, started looking for easy routes back.
    Alan.

andywill

Thanks for your help. Sounds like it is no problem to make it up as I go along.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Just re-read this, sorry I don't have any maps but like alan says an OS map will do you right round there, there's not much hidden stuff to speak of.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘routes around Burton Bradstock’ is closed to new replies.