Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rollers : Purchase advice……….pls
  • Alek
    Free Member

Planning some rollers.

Was looking at the Elite Arion Parabolic but can’t find a review of them on the web.

Before splashing the cash (Santa!) any advice/experience.

Thanks STW.

trail_rat
    Free Member

oi trainings cheating 😉

TiRed

Kreitler. Get the 3.0 Challengers#. Quality is truly superb, they are very quiet and now available from Wiggle in the UK. I imported mine a few years ago. Not cheap but beautifully made.

# For rollers, resistance is based on roller diameter. If you are a Track God with thighs of steel their 2.25 will be ideal, if you are a mere mortal, the 4.5’s won’t have enough resistance for good interval training.

Alek
    Free Member

DJ Austin…….looks a good investment but over my budget I’m afraid (£150ish)

Terry…..need all the training I can get having looked at the entry list for the puffer solo’s!!!

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

the taxc one is great and around your budget…

Oggles
    Free Member

Tacx Antares parabolics are great, and just under 150 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

alek – i dont really care about the entry list 😉 ive prooved my point im just there for craik – atmosphere at the puffer is immense ! – contemplating riding my fat bike SS for the hell of it !

im gearing up for my next challenges – a marathon and trans north georgia !

warton
    Free Member

I was looking at the new Lemond ones. Then I saw the price, 400 quid for the entry level model….

foxyrider
    Free Member

I just been through this 2 months ago – I decided to get the cheaper TACX ones – I think these are a good beginner set esp to see if you like it or can even do it. Its does take a little work but I nailed it on my second attempt 😉

Got these:

for about £110 at the time (CRC 10% off) – got very good reviews 🙂

pjt201
    Free Member

what are the pros (and cons) of rollers over a turbo?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Balance and smooth pedalling, put bike on it easily, bit more portable/less hassle in some respects – just different – some rollers have resistance as well – you can’t stomp so much so gives you an even training platform if that makes sense?

Cons – some don’t have resistance, need to concentrate and is a little difficult to start with, need a wall to lean up against at first….

Coleman
    Free Member

Another vote for the cheaper Tacx Antares T1000. The heavy conical rollers are a real boon when learning and offer enough resistance if you use your gears.

Another 10% off at CRC at the mo.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=31106

TiRed

I’d also second the Tacx, used at our club for warm up sessions by quite a few kids. I wouldn’t worry about conical rollers, you’ll pick it up pretty quickly.

TiRed

I’d also second the Tacx, used at our club for warm up sessions by quite a few kids. I wouldn’t worry about conical rollers, you’ll pick it up pretty quickly.

Alek
    Free Member

I was looking at the Tacx as it was well within my budget.

OP was to find out what the Elite Arion was like and possibly how it compared to the Tacx. (ie was it worth the extra cash!)

Only issue I read on the reviews of the Tacx was ‘noisy’ so hoped the extra cash would have a less noisy model………..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rollers : Purchase advice……….pls’ is closed to new replies.