• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by dab.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt opinions ?
  • dab

Been looking for a short travel 650b to complement the stumpy evo 26

Anybody ride one of these and can offer an insight into
    how they ride / handle ???

Pyga 120 is another candidate too
    Although a bit more heavy duty

fandango
    Free Member

It’s not much help but I ride a ’12 Element 50 and I have to admit I’m always mighty impressed the way the bike flatters my sh1t riding skills. The rear end is well planted for climbing but supple on the descents. If , like me, you like climbing, getting out of the saddle is no hardship. From what I can see the the Thunderbolt has slightly larger wheelset and a slacker head angle. I chassis has the same engineering as my Element and so I would expect it to perform in a similar manner. I think RM are marketing it as trail/XC bike (my kind of riding).

I have to admit, I’d love to take it for a spin.

slackalice
    Free Member

Just had a quick look at the RM, its a promising looking bike with a brief similar to the pyga from my understanding. Whether the pyga is more heavy duty, I couldn’t say, having not seen or ridden the RM.

I’ve been riding my pyga since May this year, replacing a Superlight. It’s ride feels just as willing as the SC going up and way more planted tooling down. It certainly coped with the French Alps and for me, doesn’t feel too much bike for my usual XC around Hants and W Sussex.

Nice colour too 🙂

If you’re around this way and would like to have a quick spin dab, let me know. Its a medium.

Hope this helps, happy to answer any other questions if I can. 🙂

dab

Slackalace
    Rodger from R53 already offered me a demo as I’m in
    Scotland

Really like the pyga, may end up chopping the Spesh in
    And keeping it one bike !

They look fantastic and hit the bill travel wise

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt opinions ?’ is closed to new replies.