Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which winter road frame – Kinesis T2 or Genesis Equilibrium
  • cheers_drive

As per the thread title really. Parts will be transferred from my Ribble Sportive Racing.
    The Genesis looks nicer but I’m concerned that I wont like it as I had a Croix de Fer and hated using it as a road bike.

pt0608
    Free Member

I have an Equilibrium as my full time road bike and I absolutely love it. It’s much lighter than the Croix de Fer and much more ‘road-bikey’. This summer I’ve been up Galibier, Alpe d’Huez and Croix de Fer with it and never felt it was out of place.

But then I’m really into steel. I deliberately went looking for a steel framed road bike.

cheers_drive

Thanks
    My new Sunday best summer bike will be steel when the frame eventually arrives so I hoping the Equilibrium will compliment it.

wallop

Hello! 😛 When are you coming to visit us?

I love my Equilibrium.

What didn’t you like about the CdF?

cheers_drive

Hi <waves at Wallop>. Not sure when we’re visiting, at this rate it’s likely to be 2014!

The CdF just felt sluggish on the roads and the droves around here are so churned up by the farm vehicles that it wasn’t much fun off road. It was also less comfortable than by road bike, even with 28c tyres.

wallop

Well I’ve never known anyone to complain about the Equilibrium but I don’t know how it’d feel compared to your Ribble.

Come see us soon!

grahamg
    Free Member

I’d go kinesis to keep it ‘racy’ like the summer bike – never seen a kinesis frame I didn’t like.

toppers3933
    Free Member

If you want a more racy feel then look at the new genesis Volare. Equilibrium is a great bike.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What’s wrong with the Ribble with some raceblades? Other than not being n+1?

Carbon’s great for winter as;
    a) you’ll have the nicest bike on the club run
    b) it doesnt rust/corrode like allys and steel.

My winter bike’s my CAAD with raceblades.

cheers_drive

I have used the Ribble with road racers for the past few winters but I hate the rubbing sound and on muddy country lanes they need unclogging every few rides.
    I had considered getting the Ribble 365 but it’s a bit of a budget stretch and there is also the small matter of it possibly being lighter than my new steel summer bike.

jameso

My Equilibrium converted me to proper guards for everyday road miles. SKS P35s, wonderful things. Silent, effective, great quality. I have a really, really nice steel road bike that gets maybe 1/4 of the use that my 520-tubed Equilibrium sees. The guards and ‘can afford to wear it out’ 105 kit is part of it. That and the fact that the Eq rides so near to as well as the posh bike anyway.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Love my Equilibrium, it’s just been built back up for winter with the guards back on. Rides really nice, it’s not super stiff but it’s not too flexy. Been all over the alps with it, done the FW on it, a proper all rounder.

wallop

I keep my guards on all year round – they don’t look terrible. Even though they’re chromopastics. Love it!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which winter road frame – Kinesis T2 or Genesis Equilibrium’ is closed to new replies.