Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rockshox Sektor TK vs Fox Float 32 RL forks
  • whitleyjohn20
    Free Member

My current bike has Rockshox Sektor TK forks and was considering upgrading to Fox Float 32 RL forks. Is the cost worth it and will I notice a dramatic difference in performance with a set of Fox Float forks?

Superficial
    Free Member

There won’t be a huge difference. The sektors are fairly sturdy, not much difference stiffness wise. You might save a bit of weight going for the Foxs but the damping will be very similar. IMHO a decent upgrade would be a Fox with the RLC damper or a Revelation RLT – both of these feature noticeably better dampers than your Sektor.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Is it an “upgrade”?

whitleyjohn20
    Free Member

Buzz – Was intended as an upgrade from RS Sektor to Fox Float 32 RL.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Is it an “upgrade”?

If the fox is more expensive then yes. 😉

Superficial
    Free Member

I think Buzz means he wouldn’t consider it an upgrade.

Northwind

Have you considered upgrading the damper in your Sektor? Will probably be more cost effective.

komondor
    Free Member

I would change the fork if money as not an issue.
    I had a float rl and know have a sektor rl and I prefer my fox by a big far.

Superficial
    Free Member

Even if you think it’s an upgrade, it’s not enough of an upgrade to spend that much money on (unless you’re swapping them somehow). Basically if you’re going to get new forks you’d be silly not to get ones which were significantly better than your current ones.

IMO of course…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Sektor TK vs Fox Float 32 RL forks’ is closed to new replies.