Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Rockshox Rev's set up
  • robbo1234biking

Right got my new forks fitted which are Rev RLT. I have set the air pressure and have about 30mm of sag which equates to 20% so happy with that until I give it a ride and try. The rebound damping is set bang in the middle so again ill ride them and see. On the top right stantion is flood gate control – what does this adjust? The manual doesnt seem to forthcoming and neither is the rockshox website!

shindiggy
    Free Member

From my under standing, the flood gate control determines when the low speed compression damping is over ridden.

Example. If you run no low speed compression (blue dial on left hand leg) the Floodgate has no effect at all, nor do you obtain any lock out).

With some compression damping dialled in, the flood gate control can determine how much force is required to make the forks active, so you can effective stiffen the forks/slow them down until sufficient force activates them.

I run the required compression with a little flood gate (5-6 clicks out of the 20) so I have a very active forks over the small bumps, with enough compression /4-6) clicks so stop them diving. I run the PSi at 70 in both positive and negative chambers and I weigh 160lbs.

catnash
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    penguinni

This has always confused me.

I also have 2011 RLT Ti Revs with a PopLoc which means I cant adjust compression, only lock the forks out with it and adjust the floodgate as required.

Can I adjust compression or does the Black Box do it all for me?

If I have the fork unlocked, will adjusting the floodgate knob make any difference?

Great forks but when I read about all the infinite adjustability Im baffled!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Rev's set up’ is closed to new replies.