Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • Rockshox Reverb seatpost
  • chunkypaul
    Free Member

now listed on CRC as in stock on the 25th Oct

trout
    Free Member

Only 2 weeks to wait now
    do they really exist

nodrog2
    Free Member

Interesting info on them here:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=656704

toons
    Free Member

Just picked mine up.

Hopefully try it out tomorrow night or defo the weekend

toons
    Free Member

Reverb by james_ferguson, on Flickr

Reverb by james_ferguson, on Flickr

Video

matthew_h
    Free Member

I’m really disappointed by that crap hose routing. I was fully expecting this post to be the first of the telescopic posts that I would actually buy but that awful loop is enough to put me off I think. I’d hate to have that flapping about by my knees.

edsbike
    Free Member

Think that’s just toons bad cable routing, would work better without the top zip tie on the frame surely?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Nope, I think it is a big mistake by Rockshox putting the hose mount on the moving part of the post. That loops has to go somewhere when the post is lowered.

toons
    Free Member

The cable routing is bloody tricky! That’s my first attempt with a serious hangover!!

When it’s down its in-line with the top tube, that’s why it needs all those zip ties, otherwise it would be hitting my knees.

I hadn’t appreciated the loop as well 🙁

grumm
    Free Member

WTF, you have to BLEED it!? I think I can live without another thing that requires bleeding.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Actually, looking at this video it would appear that a slightly slacker hose routing with ties further from the post allow it to work a bit nicer. Still a bit clumsy having the hose on the moving part of the post though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiFn_hNjLTA

toons
    Free Member

Cheers for that, because the cable was coiled in the box, its a real bitch to work with.

Might hang it up for a few days

jedi

the speccy one has the same cable problem.

scruff
    Free Member

One way to ruin the looks of a nice bike 🙂

WackoAK
    Free Member

Anyone know any thing about this post? Just spotted it on an Uzzi posted up on the MBTR forums.

duntstick
    Free Member

Maybe if you run it along the brace, and shorten the outer, you’ll have a bit of loop room. My Specialized post works really well like this, with no snagging issues.(must get some tie wraps!)

snakebite
    Free Member

Ah, thanks duntstick, reckon that will work just fine on my Sov.

toons
    Free Member

@Matthew_H I tried routing the cable like the video and it gets very very close to the rockers when compressed.

I’m going to try running it on the taco and the loop will\should go out the back when compressed.

I’ve had a few rides with the seat post and its quality and has a lovely smoooooth action.

trout
    Free Member

I don’t suppose you can have it with the control just under the seat. and not have the remote

billysan
    Free Member

CRC are do to have these in stock today I believe. Before I annoy them with another call regarding these, has anyone spoke to them to find out if they actually have any in stock yet?

ThePinkster

Nope, I’m still waiting but wuill probably get in touch wit them tom orrow if I’ve not heard anything (got a Stock Notification thingy on it as well).

At least they haven’t suddenly gone “Out of Stock” this time like they did in September.

Had a quick play with one at the Cycle Show and very nice it seemed too. I only saw one and that was on a Whyte 146, they didn’t even have them on display on the SRAM/Rockshox stand.

orange
    Free Member

i just wonder actually how many pre-orders have been made with CRC?

and why they appear to have trouble securing any, same goes for some of the 20mm revs

LoCo
    Free Member

Fishers site says no Reverbs available until Jan or Feb. depending on size.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

they didn’t even have them on display on the SRAM/Rockshox stand.

Yes they did, you just had to ask nicely to play with it….!

Anyone else try the Spesh post on their stand at the show? Ballbreaking rebound on the release!

billysan
    Free Member

CRC just shows ‘out of stock’ now.

Dont have access to Fishers, but thats a bit of a bummer if they’re not in till next year now.

billysan
    Free Member

CRC just shows ‘out of stock’ now.

Dont have access to Fishers, but thats a bit of a bummer if they’re not in till next year now.

ThePinkster

they didn’t even have them on display on the SRAM/Rockshox stand.

Yes they did, you just had to ask nicely to play with it….!

Anyone else try the Spesh post on their stand at the show? Ballbreaking rebound on the release! [/quote]

They certainly hid them very well then, and when I was talking to the guy about various RS bits he completely failed to mention it.

As for the rebound, that’s precisely the reason why I’m so interested in the Reverb, especially after playing with the one I did see.

I’ve just dropped CRC a line to see if there’s any news…….

matt23
    Free Member

My 30.9 reverb seatpost will be on e-bay end of November when I pick up my new Whyte 146 Works……Thomson ‘normal’ post for me thanks.

I wonder what price I can charge for it??

ThePinkster

I wonder what price I can charge for it??

Quite a bit by the sound of it at the mo’.

Recently had this response back from CRC –

We are still expecting to receive these but the order has not arrived yet, we are hoping it will be with us within the week or so (fingers crossed). We do know that the order will not cover all the backorders but as yours is an old one from August hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones. We have been informed the next delivery will not be until December.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pinkster, you should have had a chat to that devastatingly handsome chap who was seen at the ATB Sales stand for a while.

😉

ThePinkster

Pinkster, you should have had a chat to that devastatingly handsome chap who was seen at the ATB Sales stand for a while.

I’d have got some funny looks stood there talking to myself….. 😉

matt23
    Free Member

Right RS Reverb seatopst for an extorinate amount coming to e-bay soon guys!

ThePinkster

Oh ‘kin’ell –

Hi,

Not good news I’m afraid. Unfortunately the Rock Shox Reverb Seat Post 2011 31.6mm – 380 drop did not arrive, we are really sorry about this. The date our supplier has now got back to us with is late December.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

Kind Regards,

Brainflex

Already available here in New Zealand. Wonder why the delay in UK.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

classic!

now listed on CRC as in stock 3rd Jan 2011…

guess SRAM royally fecked up their manufacture slots big time

stevenieve
    Free Member

My 30.9 reverb seatpost will be on e-bay end of November when I pick up my new Whyte 146 Works

matt23, have you got a delivery date for your 146 yet?
    Was told mid December when I phoned last week.

trout
    Free Member

Bugger I was an august order and must have missed out .

do I cancel or just wait

it sounds like problems occured in the design to me .

orange
    Free Member

also an early august orderer here as well

not sure about design problems though – as they are being sold in the states and other places around the world

matt23
    Free Member

matt23, have you got a delivery date for your 146 yet?
    Was told mid December when I phoned last week.

I have been told first 2weeks of December….expecting confirmation of delivery date this week or next week. Ideally I want it now….cos I need a FS bike just to gout on the roads in Wales my ((road)) bike is killing me!

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Fishers the UK importer are showing as getting stock in 10th Jan for all models with the MMX lever mount, and 7th Feb for the models with the standard bar mount… Quite a wait! I’m pretty sure CRC don’t use official UK stock for these, so they may be different… I guess my Joplin will have to limp on a little longer.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Reverb seatpost’ is closed to new replies.