Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • rockshox or marzocchi
  • simonlovell999
    Free Member

What has better reliability. I know marzocchi rep went down after 2007, so looking at 2000 to 2006 fork wise at 150mm. Pikes, revelations or older (2005 ish) marzocchi's (like z1 150mm)…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Z1'S

simonlovell999
    Free Member

I have only used Mx comp's and Tora's. So just looking for a upgrade from mx comps.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I'm a big fan of Rock Shox stuff. Pikes are awesome IMO. So much stiffer & lighter than Marz usually. Although Marz are usually cheaper.

tron
    Free Member

The Marzocchis will be better in terms of not having to do anything to them often / reliability. Which is my main criteria for forks 😆

There are some decent 07 forks around with the open bath setup. It's the fancier cartridge damping tech that's been a bit ropey as far as I know. Some of the Marzocchis got better lower castings in 07 too.

johnners
    Free Member

Find some Z1 Freerides from 2004/5 ish and you can't go too far wrong. I don't think RockShox started making Pikes until later. There's not much in it weight-wise, maybe a pound or so at most.

jam-bo

I have a set of 2005 Coil Team Pikes. Brilliant forks, have required very little maintenance and besides looking slightly battered are still going strong.

fivespot
    Free Member

Pikes here……Oh! and I just happen to have some for sale 😉 http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-pushed-454-pikes-360-maxle-superb-just-serviced-2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘rockshox or marzocchi’ is closed to new replies.