Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Chilterns Ride Sunday
  • nickc

10am start from the CP behind the Stag and Huntsman. All dayer most likely, some hills, reasonable pace.

Bring cake and sense of humour.

br
    Free Member

What kind a mileage, and is there a cafe/pub lunch stop planned?

nickc

35 to 40 something like that. Routes not fixed. Pub stop at the end of ride

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

do we need to set a minimum density for cake

i'm not coming out for anything less than the benchmark set by welsh toffee pancakes

nickc

8) they were nice…I'll see what Waitrose has to offer. I'm sure we can come up with something suitable.

br
    Free Member

Sorry, according to Rule 57.4.5.1

"all rides in the Chilterns must have a cafe (or cheap-food pub) stop (roughly) half-way"

Andy

Where is this Stag and Huntsman of which you speak please?

nickc

In Hambleden…It's a one pub town.

nickc

b r, I can offer you a park bench on the cricket green in Ibstone, how's that?

Andy

Ah just pedalling over there now as it happens. Might join you depending how stuff goes, if ok?

Andy

other plans now

pedalhead
    Free Member

I was out there yesterday. The trails are in wonderful condition.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Oh jealous! What ride did you do? I was out on Friday and the trails were superb, shame i'm stuck at work today dreaming of the trails.

pedalhead
    Free Member

I did the Chilterns Ace route. It was…ace 8)

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

pedalhead, we did it friday, the heat killed us! Mr MC ran out of water half way in, and we discovered the map we'd printed off (cheers) had clipped off the very corner where we got lost… 🙄

pedalhead
    Free Member

Yep hot as hell yesterday too, marvellous 8) My gps route was truncated on the return loop as well…so probably explains your map issue (or was it just a printing thing in your case?). Not sure what happened there, I'll fix it & resend next week if yours is also dodgy. Fortunately I found a half decent trail to get me back to the nice final descent before Watlington.

br
    Free Member

Sorry we were in the North Chilterns, plus two cafes and an ice cream van!

Andy

South Chilterns this afternoon. One of the toughest 45 miles I've ever done today. Went through two camelbacks worth of water and ended bailing at Henley and hopping on the train back home. 🙄 Worth it though as the trails were wikid awsum

Excuse rubbish phone pic!

Andy

btw what is this chilterns "Ace route" please pedalhead?

pedalhead
    Free Member

Looks familiar…

The ace route is just an ace 31-mile loop from Watlington, via Stoke Row, Nettlebed, Maidensgrove etc. If you've ridden the area a lot you'll probably be familiar with all of it. Can send you a gps of it once I've fixed it if you like.

Andy

Yup the b/way from Crookley green down to Pages Farms and Bix Bottom. Oh well if you just happen to be by your computer, yes please, always open to new routes. Will send you the route I did today. Always interested to see someone elses take on the same terrain 😀

nickc

Did about 54kms eventually. It was lush but effing hot

cinnamon_girl

pedalhead – that isn't the one you sent me is it?

Andy – could you send me a copy please? Thought you were due to go on hols?

Edit: I still haven't managed the Chilterns this year. How are the bluebells looking?

pedalhead
    Free Member

Yup the b/way from Crookley green down to Pages Farms and Bix Bottom. Oh well if you just happen to be by your computer, yes please, always open to new routes. Will send you the route I did today. Always interested to see someone elses take on the same terrain

Yup that's the one 8) . Will send it over in a mo. Definitely interested in your version as well, cheers.

pedalhead – that isn't the one you sent me is it?

Yup 😀

Andy

C_G blue bells have peaked but still looking good. The best year I can remember tbh

So not used to the heat today.

pedalhead, brill, many thanks will send you mine this week sometime

pedalhead
    Free Member

Bluebells are looking super. Not the best pic, but you get the idea…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

looks like we all stopped in the same place for Gatuitous Bluebell Pics (should be named Santa Cruz Corner 😆

pedalhead
    Free Member

haha excellent! It was one of those, slam the brakes on and say "oooh that'd make a nice pic" moments when I came 'round that corner 😀 . I could happily do that ride every week for the rest of the year if it stays like this.

nickc

Yesterday's song was the Flinstones BTW, I've got over my obsession with "Acceptable in the 80's" You'll all be no doubt pleased to hear…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

We missed Morecambe and Wise though on this weeks ride 😉

sparkerfix

Any chance of a GPS copy of this "Ace "route? Quite fancy a change from rural leicestershire. Ta

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Chilterns Ride Sunday’ is closed to new replies.