Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rockshox Domain 302
  • jimbojetter
    Free Member

Hey All,

Got a brand new set of Rockshox Domains, had them about a month.

They only compress about 40MM and are then locked solid, I’d rather if service themself. But does anyone have any clue as what it might be or what I might need to do?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers JJ

fd3chris
    Free Member

Sounds like too much oil in them. Drop the legs off and do a lowers service.

jimbojetter
    Free Member

Cheers …

Should have added they have been working perfectly for a month attaining full travel and then have simply locked at 40MM travel on the last ride.

Northwind

Damper oil dropped into into the lowers? I’d have the lowers off and see what comes out, there should be just a small amount of oil in each side (and may be less). And if that doesn’t find anything interseting, you can also test the movement of the 2 legs independently to see where your issue is, and go on from there.

LoCo
    Free Member

Rebounbd sealhead seal having ‘blown’ is most likely cause, if new return to place of purchase for warranty repair by Fishers (uk Sram/Rockshox warranty centre)

jimbojetter
    Free Member

Thanks Loco – sounds likely problem. They are new but bought from Taiwan, so guessing that will have to service myself!

jimbojetter
    Free Member

Hi Loco,

Looks like I jumped the gun would I need a new full rebound kit or would a new seal suffice, if the seal any ideas where I could get a seal from?

Help appreciated.

JJ

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Domain 302’ is closed to new replies.