Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rock Shox SID – Very Stiff Rebound Control – Normal?
  • pealy
    Free Member

I just bought a pair of SID Team forks and have found that the rebound control is very very stiff and I’m not able to move it properly by hand. Obviously the recessed control makes it a but tricky but I thought I’d see if it’s normal before I get the pliers out. Any comments?

LoCo
    Free Member

Probably full of dirt, pull the rebound adjuster off and clean area, regrease and try again.
    If the fork is on full fast or full slow rebould the adjuster barrel inside maybe stuck, work out if this is the case and gently try and free it a sqyuirt of penetrating oil will help.
    It is quite easy to round the allen head on the adjuster barrel so be careful!

pealy
    Free Member

Thanks Loco – they’re brand new so shouldn’t be dirt! The adjuster doesn’t have an allen head, its a shiny red thing that has a grip on the outside and looks like it’s designed to be adjusted by hand.

mmannerr

Pull the red thing off, there is an allen head attached to it.

My ’09 Rebas have the same issue, they seem to pull the adjuster in, pulling the adjuster out and attaching it again makes it work smoothly again.

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi, the rebound adjuster knob pulls out of the bottom of the fork, the allen shaft goes into the bottom of the forks and into the bottom of the rebound assm inside.
    As above remove adjuster and grease a little if still really sticky, maybe return for warranty inspection.

pealy
    Free Member

Thanks guys – definitely need some pliers to pull it off so will give it a try later.

pealy
    Free Member

You were all so right, just needed to yank it with some pliers and now it’s okay.. Thanks.

LoCo
    Free Member

Jolly good just make sure it’s sitting in there frimly so you don’t loose it.

pealy
    Free Member

make sure it’s sitting in there frimly so you don’t loose it.

Absolutely, strikes me the designer was being a tad optimistic when he decided gravity wasn’t going to be a problem.

LoCo
    Free Member

There’s a little circlip on the bottom nut that is supposed to hold it in place, you can also fit an Oring of similar size that my hold it on better.
    Or take it off and leave it in your camelbak, although you’ll have to clean the insides out each time you want to adjust it which is a faff 😐

Sorry, Firmly 😳 from previous post.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

LoCo – sorry to hijack this post, just wondering if you had good guidance on how to remove the lowers off SIDs (2009)? Even though they’re running nicely I probably need to top up the oil in the bottom of the legs of mine, wouldn’t mind just checking the seals / foam rings etc even though the bike is stored upside down to keep the foam rings lubed. I’m struggling to see how I remove the legs due to the deeply recessed bolts etc!

Cheers.

LoCo
    Free Member

Long allen T bar to tap the bolts up, after loosening them. Or as I do loosen the bolts and use a suitable drift on the bolts, I use a length of nylon bar with an aluminium tip to reduce the chance of damaging anything. Hope this helps.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox SID – Very Stiff Rebound Control – Normal?’ is closed to new replies.