Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rock Shox range – the most confusing going?
  • legend
    Free Member

the last time I paid much attention the RS range consisted of Indys, Judys, SIDs and Boxxers.

Fast forward to 2010 and we have Recons, Argyles, Totems, SIDs, Revelations, Boxxers, Domains, Sectors, Rebas, Toras, Darts and probably more that I’ve missed out!

How on earth does this massive range go together, and am I right in thinking there must be massive overlap? And while I’m here……. which would be best of the front of an Anthem? 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

First question.

Coil or Air?

ampthill

It is far worse than you imagine, each one consists of about 12 different forks e.g. sl, race etc. Each different fork in the range gets a slightly different feature set dual air, motion control etc.

Now I’ll try and help

The simple answer is probably Rebas. SID if you want to spend more, recon a bit less.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

You missed Lyriks out, the fork of choice.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

for an anthem paulrockliffe? i know slack headangles are all the rage and everything but that’s a bit extreme.

legend
    Free Member

You missed Lyriks out

dammit knew there would be one 🙁

nah, I’m 92.3% sure that Lyriks would be sweet!

tbh I’ve been looking down the Fox route (i understand their range just fine) but could be tempted down the RS route for the right price

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Lyriks would be fine on an Anthem, pick your travel between 115mm and 160mm and have the head angle you want.

I wasn’t actually recommending them, just pointing out there was another for the list. My policy is roughly speaking, get Lyriks, if the frame doesn’t suit, you’ve got the wrong frame though.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I run SIDs on my Anthem. There’s not really another option for them- Rebas too heavy, Recons much too heavy, Revs too long.

SIDs. Definitely. Lighter and cheaper than Fox and minimal maintenance (I first used mine at the Strathpuffer ’09 and they’ve not been serviced since despite a lot of use).

legend
    Free Member

I’ve got a Supreme DH, an Alpine and an Anthem at the moment… swapping frames is really not of much interest 😉

I’m even more confused now after looking into Rebas. E.g. were (looking at 2010 SLs in particular) they all adjustable travel from 100-120mm?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

No, not all Rebas were. Like I say. SIDs are the answer to your anthem issue.

legend
    Free Member

too much $$ for me to justify SIDs really

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox range – the most confusing going?’ is closed to new replies.