Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Rock N Roll Extreme lube
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Anyone used/used it – what do you think? Am using Motorex dry atm and its good for 15 or so miles then squeaks like buggery!
    Does this dry or stay wet?

rickmeister

Like it a lot, does not pick upcrap off the trail, a good soaking lasts a good while… certainly longer than 15 mins….

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Thinking of buying the liter bottle and putting the chain in for a few minutes to soak it, then letting it drip back into the bottle using a funnel!!

uplink
    Free Member

I’ve used it for years
    You need to follow the instructions if you want it to work properly

After applying it & spinning the drivetrain around a bit, you wipe the outside of the chain clean of everything so it’s effectively dry to the touch
    Lasts well – very wet weather & it could do with re-applying after about 4hrs otherwise it’ll last all day & maybe longer, I re-apply after every ride

voodoo-rich

RnR works really well, make sure you start with a spotless chain though, otherwise you waste a lot of the new lube cleaning off the old gunk. (It’ll make sense when you try it!)

Chain cleaning tip: chain in a bucket, good squirt of degreaser (Fenwicks or whatever), half a kettle of boiling water. Swirl it around for a bit, leave for 15 mins, rinse chain in more hot water. Voila!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Buy 2 Rob, and send 1 to me..

And I’ll post you the remote lever..

M’k?

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Agree Rock n Roll Extreme is good stuff bit of a faff cleaning the chain all the time I put the chain in a tupperware container with some Fenwicks plus boiling water uses less Fenwicks.

I made the mistake of ordering a new bottle of R n R whilst I was pished. Ordered a bottle of Purple Extreme instead of Rock n Roll Extreme. Jeez the Purple Extreme stuff is useless its okay as a dry conditions lube for my road bike but show it a bit of rain or mud and its worse than useless. Squeaky squeak squeak for 20 miles nearly threw bike in a ditch and rang for a taxi.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Teetosugars – Member

Buy 2 Rob, and send 1 to me..

And I’ll post you the remote lever..

M’k?

MK?

theflatboy
    Free Member

i use R&R on all my bikes – both mtbs and commuter. it’s really good, miles better than anything else i’ve used.

meeeee
    Free Member

whats the Rock n roll gold one like, or is it just a dryer weather version of the extreme?

Rockplough
    Free Member

R&R is good stuff. It gives the smoothest quietest drivetrain of any lube I’ve tried. Does wash out though in prolonged (like a day) heavy rain.

DustyLilac
    Free Member

FWIW R’n’R gets my endorsement. I hate chains covered in oil/smeg/grot etc. Mine’s always shining 🙂

kiwijohn

Gone back to finishline wet lube because I’ve run out of R&R blue. My god it’s mucky, works good in the wet, but R is just as good & cleaner.

iainc

how many applications do you get out of a 4oz bottle ? …thinking about ordering some after many yrs with finish line green

AB
    Free Member

I use White Lightening and find that a good lube.

DoctorRad
    Free Member

AB – Member
    I use White Lightening and find that a good lube.

Used to use it in my Calderdale days, always resulted in a squeaking chain after about two hours. Might be better if it’s dryer under your tyres.

BadlyWiredDog

Hat to disagree with everyone, but I’ve found the Rock n Roll stuff next to useless when it’s wet in the Peak. Lasts about an hour if that before the grit and wet just scours it off the chain. The new Squirt stuff is supposed to be good, someone bunged me a bottle last week, will degrease the chain, stick it on and see how it does.

r6ymy
    Free Member

I’ve found R&R to be excellent, just make sure the chain is throughly degreased and clean before initial application. After that, in summer I just re-apply to lean and lunricate, in winter a quick wash and scrub with Fenwicks on the bike, dry, then re-apply R&R.

As to lasting for only an hour when wet in the Peak district, surprised anything lasts that long in grinding paste that wrecks metal components.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Rock N Roll Extreme lube’ is closed to new replies.