Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Robust inflateable camping mattress?
  • higgo
    Free Member

Mrs Higgo has said no to sleeping on a thermarest again.
    So…. I need a double blow-up air bed that is capable of taking a bit of abuse. It will live in the big box of camping stuff and be used for weekend camping in the UK and a couple of weeks in the summer in France.

Tent is big enough and weight/size isn’t an issue (though all other things being equal, I’d obviously go for a light one).

Any recommendations?
    Anyone use this Decathlon one: http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/p300-airbed-67880969/

SaxonRider

Not that this is much of a suggestion, but I wouldn’t buy multimat again, as long as I live.

andyl
    Free Member

Mrs Higgo has said no to “sleeping” on a thermarest again. So…. I need a double blow-up air bed that is capable of taking a bit of abuse.

/snigger

Just get a normal one and put a thick ground sheet or a couple of thick roll mats under it if you are worried about punctures. Our Halfords one has been fine so far.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

There IS NOTHING better, warmer, more comfortable or tougher than a Thermarest. You might as well give up now. 🙁

(They do do some pretty thick ones, too)

higgo
    Free Member

There IS NOTHING better, warmer, more comfortable or tougher than a Thermarest. You might as well give up now.

I know.

Problem is she really does seem to struggle to get a good night’s sleep on one. She’s normally a better sleeper then me but roles are reversed on the thermarest.

Mugboo

We like the self inflating ones.

Air beds always seem to lose air by the morning.

higgo
    Free Member

I like the self-inflating ones. She doesn’t.
    She used to but now she doesn’t.

Bregante

We’ve got this

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/comfort-bed-double-np-p152800

Only used a dozen times or so but seems good and you can put different air pressures into each side, which is nice.

higgo
    Free Member

Like the look of that Bregante, particularly it being in two sections.
    If she wants it hard on her side, she’ll have to take her turn pumping it up.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If she wants it hard on her side, she’ll have to take her turn pumping it up.

sniggers

MoreCashThanDash

I was just about to start an identical thread…

If it helps, I’m looking for something to replace one the Coleman’s recommended above. “My” half developed a terminal puncture over the weekend, though it has seen 6 years use.

Quite fancy a thermarest or alpkit-a-like, but needs to be suitable for sharing a duvet with as we hate sleeping bags

Cougar

Dozer?

Sleeping Mats

Thick as a regular airbed, with the added advantage of not being shit.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Robust inflateable camping mattress?’ is closed to new replies.