Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Robert Allcoat – Classified user to avoid
  • yorkshire89
    Free Member

Posted up a wanted ad 2 months ago asking for some hope 20mm adaptors and Rob agreed to post some out for £10 (paid PP gift).

The adaptors never arrived but Rob said he would refund the money. This was 5 weeks ago.
    Had to chase up a few times, and everytime he apologised and said he was busy, and that he would refund the next day…
    He’s now ignoring my emails.

It’s only £10 so not really that fussed, but just a warning to avoid him if he offers you anything.

allcoatbob@gmail.com
    robert.allcoat@eurocarparts.com

Found this old thread this morning so sounds like he has previous 🙄
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/does-anyone-know-rob-allcoat

ctk
    Free Member

Get in touch with his mate transporter13?

Some people are irredeemable dicks!

DrJ

(paid PP gift).

Nuff said

matt_outandabout

*pulls up chair*

bruneep

Did you get adaptors? I think I have a set in garage. Can’t check until Thursday tho

cranberry
    Free Member

Using a work email address is not that clever.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I dont understand though, when it was sent ‘signed for’ which you specified and paid for…. then surely when the goods havent arrived you 1. Have insurance 2. It wouldnt go missing.

zilog6128

looks like he’s got another username on here too as well as the berty692014 from a couple of years back…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hope-pro-4-wheel-hope-stems-hope-f20-pedals-fox-float-x-shock-burgtec-stem

sadly this incarnation also seems to suffer from amnesia/unreliable internet connection/etc

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/terryschoc

fortunately transporter13 came along to sort his mate out again and all was well! Sounds like thread title is warranted though, very unreliable but not outright scammer.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

I don’t think he was trying to scam me, I said to just refund £5 since it sounded like it got lost in the post.
    He kept saying no it wasn’t my fault and he would refund the full amount.

After all the excuses I’m not sure he sent them out in the first place.

I don’t really want to get his mate involved over £10.

Managed to get some adaptors elsewhere in the end!

bruneep

Want to send me £10 And I will refund you £5.

PP to this email

😯

wwaswas

don’t really want to get his mate involved

but willing to start an *avoid* thread?

Given the blokes history I’m surprised he’s not on a ban, tbh.

Also, using his work email – must be fairly easy to track him down and phone him…

globalti
    Free Member

Some people’s lives must be chaotic.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

but willing to start an *avoid* thread?

Er, yeah. More of a warning to anyone else that may have been offered some parts from him. Not sure what the problem is?

wwaswas

I’d have got his mate involved too – if it’s worth saying ‘avoid’ it’s worth asking his mate to sort him out for the 57th time…

craigxxl
    Free Member

You dealt with someone you didn’t know or had any previously dealings with nor did you check their history on forum and paid by Paypal gift despite all the warnings. You could have paid the fee yourself but went for the cheapest option and now crying that you’ve been ripped off. I see it as £10 lesson in how not to be stupid next time.

The only warning you want to be giving is not to be stupid and use Paypal gift, which you’ve achieved.

Jamie
    Free Member

Wow. Tough crowd.

Seller should be banned tho.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

True craigxxl but for £10 I was happy to risk it. It’s not the end of the world.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Not sure that he’s done any crying? Just a warning.

Not like people don’t still use PP gift on here every day for low value items?

Wow. Tough crowd.

Not kiddin’

BigJohn

All(fur)coat and no adapters.

transporter13
    Free Member

Oh ffs!

Feel free to mail me.. Ill sort the **** out!

Ive made him aware of this thread and text him… If you dont get any joy then give me a shout

Pook

What’s his game transporter13?

transporter13
    Free Member

Apart from being a man trapped in a 5 year olds body?

Nothing

He does suffer from bipolar and depression from time to time but I wouldnt tout that as an excuse.
    Its just that he needs a kick up the arse sometimes as he can get sidetracked easily.
    He doesnt actively set out be a tit but it sure does look that way on here which is bloody frustrating for me as I’ve been on here for a long time and wouldnt want any of you to be done over(intentional or not)
    He has messaged me back saying that everything has been sorted.. So hopefully all should be ok soon.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Maybe next time he wants to sell something he just gives it too transporter13 who sells it and keeps a fee for his troubles and yes, tough crowd 😀

poolman
    Free Member

Well done transporter for helping your mate out. I still wouldnt buy anything off him though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Well done transporter for helping your mate out. I still wouldnt buy anything off him though.

Indeed. He should not be allowed to sell given the consistent issues.

FuzzyWuzzy

Apart from being a man trapped in a 5 year olds body?

I hope that’s the wrong way around…

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Thanks transporter13, refund came through last night!

transporter13
    Free Member

Fuzzy… Yes indeed 😀

Yorkshire89
    Glad it worked out in the end

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Did you get the adaptors in the end? If you can be bothered with a ride out I’ve got a set in the garage over near Boroughbridge if you want them.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

I did yes, thanks anyway.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Well done transporter.

alexj33
    Free Member

Just a note to other people.
    Robert Allcoat is also user ytwicked. Wouldn’t accept paypal, so I did BACS 😥

He’s not a thief or scammer as far as I can tell but 6 weeks after I’d paid I still hadn’t recieved my item due to repeated postage issues/ he’d been very busy.
    I got a refund but wasted almost two months waiting, and waiting and waiting.

wwaswas

If I was that sort of seller I’d stop selling.

Having people chasing me every time I let them give me money would stress me out.

Andy
    jonnyboi

what’s that, 2/3 name changes to enable dodgy selling. way overdue for a ban if not already implemented.

Cougar

what’s that, 2/3 name changes to enable dodgy selling. way overdue for a ban if not already implemented.

I banned the other accounts back in August.

jonnyboi

:thumbs up:

transporter13
    Free Member

Even as his mate I would avoid buying from him unless you can collect. Not for any other reason than he is a nightmare for ever getting anything done. Either that or mail me before hand and Ill make sure whatever it is you want actually gets to you 🙄

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Robert Allcoat – Classified user to avoid’ is closed to new replies.