• This topic has 55 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by m1kea.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Roadies, why so miserable?
  • bigad40
    Free Member

I can’t help thinking roadies are more miserable than ever, like they are riding without padded shorts…
    Kinda reminds me of people in training for a marathon telling you what fun it is but when you see them out running there face tells a different story.
    Off road trails here are busier than ever but it seems most riders nod a greeting or ask if you need help when you’ve pulled to the side of the trails.

JoB
    Free Member

Bregante

Its you o.p.

They don’t like you.

choppersquad
    Free Member

It’s not just you OP.
    They don’t like anyone.

plop_pants
    Free Member

njee20
    Free Member

Why are trolls so shit and predictable? OP? One for you?

Gribs

I’ve noticed it after a couple of days riding down south. I’m used to getting at least a nod from 95% of the roadies I pass up north but down south they just seemed to ignore me.

binners

You’re assuming that you’re meant to enjoy it.

You’re not!

GrahamS

Wow, only six days since the last time this came up!

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/why-are-roadies-so-miserable

thepurist

Bet you’d been waiting for a wheel size thread to come up so you could use that one plop pants, but then this little gem was too good to resist. 😉

Euro
    Free Member

Why do some users assume that all users read every post, every day?

? Why don’t question marks appear at the start of a question.

To answer the OP, i don’t know if they are all miserable but road riding is terribly boring and some people are grumpy when bored.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Second post sums it up perfectly. (Again)

JoB
    Free Member

i ride a road bike and a mountainbike, it’s the constant mood swings i can’t stand

AD

If you find road riding boring you must be doing it wrong… Or live somewhere really crap. Personally I like riding any sort of bike and people seem friendly enough in Cumbria regardless of what type of bike they ride. Ho hum.

beej

Just for balance, I was extremely miserable on my mountain bike this morning. I think someone may have started a “Mountain Bikers – why so miserable thread?” on road.cc in my honour.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve noticed it after a couple of days riding down south. I’m used to getting at least a nod from 95% of the roadies I pass up north but down south they just seemed to ignore me.

It’s because you’re a northerner and therefore treated like the leprous wretch that you are; to wit they act as if you’re not there. It’s hard to acknowledge empty space. It just is.

MSP

Mountain bikers, why so needy for the attention of strangers?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Isatrollinnit 🙄

everyone
    Free Member

It’s because you smell OP.

hora
    Free Member

Ive seen miserable **** on mountain bikes.

Then again why say hello 10x a day. What is it? A public service?!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Why do some users assume that all users read every post, every day?

why in 2014 do people use information technology so badly? With 200,000+ topics in the bike section alone the chances your question has been asked before. Posting a new thread rather than searching is a really inefficient use of a huge resource, you might get 10 replies on your “best flat pedal/shoe/tyre” thread, but its been asked 10 times before so youre missing out on another 100 opinions.

But you didn’t want a rational response, and trolls are only interested in further downgrading the signal to noise ratio, not gathering information.

mrblobby
    Free Member

It’s all the mountain bikers riding around on their new poorly fitted road bikes with mtb saddles and baggies.

hora
    Free Member

Nah its the ones who never podium but are the **** in road clubs and always train and enter crits.

Basically deluded Napoleons.

Bet you walked into any amateur road club, the big characters/pushy/headstrong ones.

Haze

I like being miserable.

the_lecht_rocks

I ride both and am continuously cheerful.

vincienup
    Free Member

Leaving aside that you can almost set your clock by this thread these days, I guess a lot has to do with approach and habit.

Turning it on it’s head, how many sunny cheerful people would you expect to find in a gym after a day at work? Or for that matter mountainbikers at the end of a long slog event that didn’t end in a rush of DH but instead with a long climb? Just sayin’.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I smiled and waved at everyone I saw when out on my ride this evening just to prove you wrong. Even the mountain bikers.

mrblobby
    Free Member

On the road bike I always put on my sourest face and ignore everyone and everything. I thought they were the rules 🙂

Edit… TBH though I’m usually looking at my garmin or the 6ft or so of road ahead of my front wheel. By the time I notice a rider coming the other way it’s often too late to give a wave.

GrahamS

I’m usually looking at my garmin or the 6ft or so of road ahead of my front wheel

Same as most drivers then 😀

brooess
    Free Member

Do you get in a fuss when you walk down the street and no-one says hello to you too? 😯

aracer
    Free Member

It’s because they’re not getting any. Obviously.

robdob
    Free Member

Because I live on the TDF route I’m seeing loads of roadies out recently and they tend to at least give you a nod, even when I’m on my MTB. I love all the newbies that are out, big saddle packs, matching Lycra, questionable positions on the bikes – always get a smile (with maybe a grimace if they are climbing!) and maybe a wave. Looks like they are enjoying being out on the bike in the nice weather and I hope I will see them again! I really think the TDF fever round here is doing a world of good. Long may it continue.

antigee

meanwhile

[closed] Bananas

Cougar – Moderator
    STW, last week:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/banana-skins-litter

Rscott
    Free Member

I live on the tour route and have been told i have to move my car and that my road will be closed, i asked what if i need to go into the village, they requested that I walk, due the fact i will be unable to ride my bike ir drive as it would be agains the flow of the ride. hahahahaha, its 5 miles.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’m just about to set off on the road bike. I got very little sleep and definitely no sex last night so full on miserable mode engaged. Don’t you dare acknowledge me you MTBing scum.

Rorschach
    Free Member
    Rorschach
    Free Member
    Rorschach
    Free Member
    Rorschach
    Free Member
    Rorschach
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Roadies, why so miserable?’ is closed to new replies.