• This topic has 15 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by MS.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Miserabe Roadie Sportive-ists
  • nickc

TBH this applies to mountain bikers as well, but almost all the roadies we met today were bloody miserable. I mean, C'mon, your on your bike, some-one else is doing the navigation for you, the weather was nice, what bloody more d'you want, cheer up you f**kers…

I mean OK, the "Is that a banana in your pocket" joke wasn't that funny, but it was a joke, honestly…it wasn't a chat up line, there wasn't any need for that sort of look…

scaredypants

I did an audax once – 200km

If you'd cracked a joke at me during the last third, I'd have cried (more)

Stoner
    Free Member

There was a "peleton" of these lot out on our roads today.
    http://lvrc.org/about_us.asp

Miserable, slow and old 😉

brakes
    Free Member

Coming off Leith Hill today, I saw a load of divvy roadies with a queue of traffic behind them coming to a gradual stop and ending up stopped in the middle of the road on a blind bend. Miserable AND divvies.

anagallis_arvensis

is there not a ready made thread available for this topic, would save a lot of time and effort.

MrNutt
    Free Member

to be fair they do it to themselves, they get no sympathy from me.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Was out for a ride this morning on my road bike with a friend and commented on how happy and friendly everyone was. Then the conversation moved onto STW and that we were due a Miserable Roadie thread as there hasn't been one for at least two weeks.
    We're all cyclist. Some are happy, some are miserable or maybe even shy but WGAF. Just enjoy your own ride and move on. Does it really matter?

belgianbob

Same goes for our miserable, hair-shirted local CTC chapter.
    Their club run goes up or down our road every other sunday so me and Mrs B always nod or say hello as we ride past them. As you do with your fellow cyclists, like.

Not one of the sour-faced feckers even so much as nods. No wonder cyclists have a bad name with the non-cycling man in the street.

aP
    Free Member

I rode my cross bike out to the north downs today, I was ignored by the roadies and sworn at by the mtbers. One guy told me to **** off riding off road and to get onto the roads.
    I did meet a couple of guys at the bottom of bkb who were quite fun though. Waves!

Kuco

told me to **** off riding off road and to get onto the roads.

Should have told them to **** off and ride up a real mountain.

Kahurangi

I had a painful time at Kielder yesterday, but everybody was cheerful despite the rain and toughness of it all.

Novices, racers, caterers; all ace.

Noone on a road bike to compare it to though.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

I did 90m on the road around the Surrey Hills inc the CTC ride from Shere today – I smiled at many people but there are a lot of cyclists out so am sure I missed a few….

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Have to admit that I seem to get more surliness from mountain bikers when I'm on a road bike than I do from roadies when I'm on a mountain bike.

…*thinks of the implications of this for a moment*…

Maybe I'm on the wrong forum?

aracer
    Free Member

There was a "peleton" of these lot out on our roads today.
    http://lvrc.org/about_us.asp

Miserable, slow and old
    Oi – I'm eligible for that (and thought about doing that event!)

druidh
    Free Member

I was road riding around the Borders last year when the Selkirk Merida was on. At one section, I started meeting the participants coming towards me.

The first 20 or so were right soor-faced, obviously too busy "winning" to be thinking about enjoyment or anything else.

Most of the rest seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Mind you, I had occasion to lambast one group who seemed to think that cycling 4 abreast (with 2 on the wrong side of the road) round a blind corner on a Borders country lane was a sensible move.

****' MTBers you see – no road sense 😉

MS
    Free Member

Sometimes its hard to say hello. If youa are dying out your ar*e then a hello may just kill you! You do get the ignorant people though who don't say a friendly hello when there clearly no dying though!

Don't mind if they dont, doesn't put me up nor down.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Miserabe Roadie Sportive-ists’ is closed to new replies.