• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Grins and grimaces – a contrast…
  • Had a great ride today – Hope classic – Roman Rd/Beast/Lockerbrook/Hagg FM/Roman Rd.

Nailed the downs, got very wet, mouthfuls of grit, eyes full of grit, banter, pisstaking, chats with other groups. Grinned all morning.

As a contrast – every roadie I saw looked as miserable as Hora

Scapegoat

😀

racefaceec90

i’ll have you know that i ride a mountain bike and am a miserable git (especially if the weather is crap 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos

I’m a miserable git quite often too – but rarely when I’m on my MTB!

atlaz
    Free Member

Nailed the downs, got very wet, mouthfuls of grit, eyes full of grit, banter, pisstaking, chats with other groups. Grinned all morning.

As a contrast – every roadie I saw looked as miserable as Hora

As a contrast, the majority of people on MTBs I saw yesterday looked like they’d been kicked in the balls and someone had wee’d in their shoes. The road cyclists were little better, apart from the old guys who smiled and waved.

hora
    Free Member

Weird- crossing over Snake to Hagg farm I said ‘morning to a roadie and he stared at me. So I called him a miserable ****. Same with all other riders. The smilers were the walkers.

_tom_
    Free Member

I’m normally happier on my road bike because it’s quieter and things rarely go wrong on it. Squeaking discs and creaky drivetrains annoy me.

jam-bo

Must be a northern thing. Is it grim?

atlaz
    Free Member

Weird- crossing over Snake to Hagg farm I said ‘morning to a roadie and he stared at me. So I called him a miserable ****.

I think your reputation had preceded you

hora
    Free Member

He probably saw the magnificent shire horse of a man infront of him and slumped down further in his saddle into a mire of depression.

Either that or it was the Carrera road bike he was enduring. :mrgreen:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Grins and grimaces – a contrast…’ is closed to new replies.