Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Roadie content – what do you take with you?
  • twinklydave

This afternoon: 110 miles, will carry 2 bottles on the bike, spare tube strapped to seatpost, 2nd spare tube, multitool & tyre lever in a little case in jersey pocket, minipump also jammed in jersey pocket long with a gel or two and some shot bloks.
    Might stick my mobile in the jersey too…and possibly a few coins if I’m going further so I can get more drink (though, saying that, I rode 160 miles last week and still had a little bit left in one of the bottles, so that’s more of a mental thing)

nick3216
    Free Member

Nick 3216, do your pedals fall off regularly ? (Or hubs)

No, I just don’t have a geared road bike anymore. Though I do take advantage of a freewheel.

Haze

All in jersey pockets…

CO2 pump and a couple of cartridges
    Multitool (with chain tool)
    Derailleur hanger
    Spare tube and levers
    Note or cash card
    Phone
    House key
    Food varies
    Inhaler in cold, damper times when asthma plays up.

Have thought about taking an extra tube “just in case”, but might go with the patches idea instead.

iainc

i recently bought one of the Lezyne caddy sacs, which fits perfectly into middle jersey pocket. In it I have : 2 tubes, 2 levers, multitool, patches, kmc powerlink. I put pump (Lezyne pressure drive) and some food in another jersey pocket and phone, tenner/card and keys, in a wee drybag, in the 3rd.

oh, and 2 bottle cages on frame

sefton
    Free Member

I always worry about keys in jerseys – punchering my kidneys if I take a tumble 😯

NormalMan

I was thinking of getting the Lezyne Smart Wallet as it should hold most of what I carry. Multitool with chain tool, puncture kit, 2 tyre levers, phone, cash/keys and ID. It fits in a jersey pocket.

I also carry a mini pump (Lezyne again!) and a packet of jelly babies!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Basics are tube, levers, Park glueless patches, pump, multitool, phone, debit card and a fiver, and a couple of Rice Krispies Squares.
    Pump goes on the frame, everything else in jersey pockets.

Then maybe arm warmers, gilet, more food, and lights depending on the route and the weather. Still goes in pockets but I do have a very small seat pack I use occasionally.

atlaz
    Free Member

tube, levers, patches, tool, phone, some cash wrapped around my debit card, some cereal bars/flapjacks/gel (depending what I find) all in small saddle bag thing. Pump, glasses, CO2, raincoat in jersey pocket.

mustard
    Free Member

2 tubes, 2 CO2+head, 2 Pedros levers, multi tool and a wee patch kit in a Park quick patch box all in a seat pack (I have withdrawn my recomendation for that particular seat pack though). Used to be a topeak road morph pump in the pocket instead of the CO2. as seen in this thread.

Also a gel/bar for eating + an emergency caffeine gel (worse tasting the better so you know it’s never going to be a temptation when you don’t need it) in one pocket and phone and a tenner in a zip loc baggie in teh other.

Leaves plenty of pocket space for stashing rain cape/gilet/arms/knees in the current changeable weather.

flange
    Free Member

Lezyne pumps are great but be careful if you have Conti innertubes. Its quite easy to unscrew the valve-core and end up pressurising the pump. If you haven’t got the right tool you’re then stuck with an intertube with no valve.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

CO2, tube, multitool, patches, chain links in a tiny 0.2L saddle bag from decathlon.

Wallet/phone/keys go in a little ‘purse’ that nicely fits in a pocket.

Longer rides an extra tube and CO2 allong with food in one pocket, gilet and arm warmers in the other.

Tool bottles are all kinds of wrong, why? Are you that much of a stickler for ‘the rules’ that you won’t use a saddle bag and leave the bottle cages for bottles? Where do you keep water on long rides?

crazy-legs

Tiny under saddle bag has tube, patch kit, tyre lever and a basic multitool.
    Pump in right jersey pocket
    Gel/bar in left pocket
    If it looks like I need it then some sort of spare clothing in middle pocket (gilet or waterproof or leg warmers) along with phone/tenner wrapped up in a plastic sandwich bag for waterproofing.
    Bottle of water in the bottle cage.

nick3216
    Free Member

I’ve lost one pump and destroyed one phone as they’ve fallen out of jersey pockets (hands on the drops in both cases). how do you lot do it?

mustard
    Free Member

Never had a problem with things falling out of jersey pockets, even on a high speed rocky descent on my tourer/cx – it had got properly cold so the arm and knee warmers that had been helping stuff my pockets and hold the pump securely for the climb were being worn for the descent.

Are your jerseys a ‘racing fit’? I guess if they’re a bit loose stuff can bounce about more.

atlaz
    Free Member

pump usually goes in the pocket with my raincoat (once the coat is on hard for anything to bounce out) and my jerseys all have zip pockets for my phone (if it goes in my pocket of course).

scruff
    Free Member

How come pumps rather than CO2 ?

lunge

Tube, small multi-tool, tyre levers, keys and an inhaler under the saddle.
    Pump, gillet, phone, £10 and gels in the jersey pockets,
    Water on the frame.
    MTFU generally left at home.

mustard
    Free Member

As mentioned above – i’ve CO2 now, only recently got round to buying one. But can’t fly with CO2 so have to carry pump on hols.

atlaz
    Free Member

scruff – I have a CO2 capable micro pump. It’d be awful for inflating a tyre to full pressure but I think if I get to a situation where I run out of tubes (it’s why I carry patches after all), running out of CO2 would be likely too. This seems the best of both worlds (the pump is about 4-5 inches long).

joao3v16
    Free Member

Rubber mallet.
    Ball of string.
    Wolf.
    Candle.
    9v Battery.
    Some Lira.
    Sheeps clothing (for the wolf).
    Helium balloon.
    Lump of coal.
    Rubiks cube.
    Boomerang.
    1 Easter egg.

pinches
    Free Member

CO2
    Tube
    1xGel
    Phone
    Keys
    water in bottle cage

all in jersey pockets, as saddle bag would be a breech of rule #29

mustard
    Free Member

As much as I enjoy The Rules they are, in the main, written by Americans, trying to be Europeans/look like the pros they are not, so what would they know?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Bottle or two depending on distance/weather.

Multitool, co2 canisters, tube, tyre lever in small saddle pack.

Door key and tenner in sunglass cover in pocket.
    Phone in pocket.
    Food/gels in pocket.
    co2 pump thing in pocket.
    Gilet in pocket if not wearing and weather looks dodgy.

Bregante

Rubber mallet.
    Ball of string.
    Wolf.
    Candle.
    9v Battery.
    Some Lira.
    Sheeps clothing (for the wolf).
    Helium balloon.
    Lump of coal.
    Rubiks cube.
    Boomerang.
    1 Easter egg.

This

yossarian
    Free Member

Mini pump
    Tube
    Very small plus patches
    Tyre levers
    Phone
    Keys
    gel/bar

All in jersey pockets

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Roadie content – what do you take with you?’ is closed to new replies.