• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Road Tubeless?
  • paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Anyone done it? Got some Kysrium SLs, but don’t know what tyres to use – will any tyres work?

ds3000
    Free Member

[video]http://vimeo.com/34383932[/video]

krixmeister

Done it with my el-cheapo Shimano R520 wheels, wouldn’t go back to tubes. I don’t know for sure but think you should use tubeless-specific tires for road usage – something about they have special carbon beads that don’t stretch. I’ve gone that route for peace of mind on descents.

Hutchison have several tubeless-specific tires – not sure which model I’m on, but whatever was (relatively) cheap as primarily used for commuting and training. Go for Hutchison if unsure.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve done it with 28 mm conti gatorz on arch rims. Works a treat for commuting. Would have preceded a tubeless specific tyre but they only make 25mm ones which is two narrow for an arch rim. Got the steel bead to reduce the chance of stretching. Been running them about a year with no bother.

oldgit
    Free Member

May be giving it a try this summer. I have some P-SLR wheels going on soon and they’re tubeless ready. I just haven’t really looked into tyre availability yet.

MSP

Got the steel bead to reduce the chance of stretching.

You have got that the wrong way around, its the steel beads that will stretch, the kevlar one won’t.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Road Tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.