Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • road route from can picafort mallorca
  • karnali
    Free Member

Off to mallorca in feb got 3 days to get some road riding in with the wife. Looking at routes of about 40-60 miles each day, would like to get in one or 2 decent cols, and maybe a nice scenic easier route in as well. Any suggestions of rutes that start from can picafort would be good, or really good routes that pass nearby.

thanks

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Sa Calobra down and up would be on my list

Head past Alcudia. out and up and round to it, do it and back. not sure how far it is though?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

A good one to do is to head round the coast through Puerto Pollensa and out to Formentor.

IMG_0270 by wobbliscott, on Flickr

ianpv
    Free Member

It’s a fair trek from Can Picafort to Sa Calobra – I’d recommend going up the Col de sa Batalla – you can get to Selva on the quiet road from Campanet, and the roads between Can Picafort & Sa Poblo are ok away from the coast, although can be windy.

Then, head west til the turn to Sa calobra – there is a cheeky 2.4km climb to the top, then you descend to the bottom by the sea, turn around and climb back out for 10km. I’d head back east down the Col de Femenia to Pollenca and back to Can Picafort.

It’ll be further than 60 miles though, Sa Calobra is an 80Km out and back from Pollenca. you could just turn right at the top of the Batalla climb and head back down – just one proper col but nearer the length of ride you’re looking for.

I don’t normally get much further south than Can Picafort when I’m riding out there, so no idea what is down there. The bigger mountains are all in the north!

You could head north through Alcudia, around the bay to Port de Pollenca, (or come inland to avoid the traffic) and out to the lighthouse at formentor (again could be at the top end of 60 miles when all is said and done although you’ll be spared the buses in feb)

back2basics
    Free Member

feb is a great time to go, no coach-tour buses to contend with on those twisty bends, and local traffic is pretty light too. some lovely roads and rides, just look at the map for twisty hills and you cannot go wrong. i quite like the farmland roads that criss cross the north eastern side, the wee little towns all have little bakeries that do great pasties and pastries to fuel your ride, and also great coffee too.
    jealous. have fun.

Gary_M
    Free Member

The ma10 Soller to Pollenca is a fantastic road, some fantastic climbing. Its not a wee road but not very busy. Its an easy run along the coast to Pollenca from Can Picafort or you can cut across country. But the climb to Formentor is a cracker.

nikxl
    Free Member

Sa Colobra is the most pointless piece of tarmac on the island.

Lumpy: Sa Pobla – Campanet – Selva – Lluc – Pollensa – Alcudia or the reverse
    “Flat”: Sta Margalida – Petra – Manacor – Arta or reverse

Freester

Here is a great guide to routes that I used for my road trips out there…

http://mallorcacycling.co.uk/category/mallorca-cycle-routes/

Even if the routes don’t work you get an idea what the good bits are.

From Can Picafort I’d suggest you can pick up some of the routes by riding the ‘drag’ along the strip to Alcudia and then Pollenca.

Also where you are you can get a nice loop up Sa Batalla and back in and also some of the flatter mid island stuff.

Freester

Sa Colobra is the most pointless piece of tarmac on the island.

Oooooh nooooo. It’s the best bit… 🙂

Sa Calobra by Freester, on Flickr

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘road route from can picafort mallorca’ is closed to new replies.