Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Road bike selling advice – please!!
  • cb

First tried to sell this last autumn and had a few enquiries but nothing serious. Understandably, time of year was against me so I’ve held off for a while. I advertised it again here a few weeks ago but no great interest.

From the relevant posting history, you will see that I’m no roadie and that this is being sold for a friend who lost her husband. How could I present it better to encourage a sale (pricing advice other than give it away welcome!)? Are there other details that I’ve missed from the advert that roadies would want to see?

I’ve had a couple of really helpful replies offline, saying that Look is not considered that fashionable but all who have them, love them. It looks stunning to my uninitiated eyes! The asking price was £1100 ono.

Help me sell this please!
    P1010615 by craigbart, on Flickr
    P1010618 by craigbart, on Flickr
    P1010617 by craigbart, on Flickr
    P1010622 by craigbart, on Flickr

the-muffin-man

eBay! (with a reserve if you are concerned about it going for too little)

I think £800ish would be more realistic price though. At £1100 people start to think about what they can get new. There are some great bikes around that price band and for just a couple hundred more.

Set up wise – I’d flip the stem and tilt the bars down a bit to make it look more racey! Roadies like things to look right!

cb

I’ll do the stem thing – it does look a bit odd! Thanks

Gary_M
    Free Member

Only had a brief look but I’d say £1100 was way too much. Groupset must be a few years old.

warton
    Free Member

That’s way overpriced, sorry. My mate recently sold his year old ciocc, in Brand New condition, ridden 100 miles, 11 speed chorus groupset, total cost 3700 for 1200 on ebay.

I’d be thinking expect 700, maybe 800 quid

cb

OK – thanks all. The price bit (warton – ouch for your mate!) seems consistent in that its too high but any other suggestions for where to sell, what photos may be missing or details that roadies will expect to see in an ad?

Its covered a few hundred miles – no more…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Add in the back of Cycling Weekly? I reckon £800+ should be easy enough to get.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Road bike selling advice – please!!’ is closed to new replies.