Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Road bike for under £1500
  • Bumhands
    Free Member

Longer commute means I'm going to get road bike
    Not interested in a SS, Fixie or hybrid.

Like the look of Wilier frames although components arent great for the money.

Cheers.

cxi
    Free Member

Do you want mudguards and/or pannier mounts?

Planet X have some good deals on their SL Pro Carbon with Ultegra or SRAM Rival but they can't take mudguards or panniers.

cp

anything focus from wiggle – great bikes

Bumhands
    Free Member

Do you want mudguards and/or pannier mounts?

Nope – a clean looking bike.

mcboo
    Free Member

I think Focus and Boardman….

djglover
    Free Member

Condor, with guards on

aracer
    Free Member

a clean looking bike.

After a bit of riding on British roads at most times of the year, your bike will look far cleaner if it's got mudguards 😉

coopersport1
    Free Member

Focus, good deals on wiggle at the moment. Boardman yes but it'll take you an age to get one.

alwyn
    Free Member

My dad picked up a full carbon Time Speeder for £1500 brand new. Lovely bike, very light with a great spec. If I were you I'd look at one.

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

I just got one of these with Centaur for £1059. Doesn't look as bling with normal wheels and is an absolute blast to ride. Couldn't recommend it more. As long as you can handle riding a Ribble. It's the same as one of the frames Fondriest use on a very highly rated bike in their range (can't remember the name). Value for money-wise it's amazing.

Daffy

Trek 1.9?

MajorMantra
    Free Member

I've got the same Ribble as mentioned above and it's great. They've just increased the prices again (now £1089 with Campag Centaur which is what I have) but it's still one of the best deals out there.

Otherwise, a Planet-x with SRAM Rival looks to be a good deal (£1k if you build it, £1100 built) and Boardman is even better – Halfords being the downside.

Matthew

cheers_drive

I've just ordered the Ribble frame to put a Rival groupset on it. £1000 excluding wheels.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Road bike for under £1500’ is closed to new replies.