Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Road bike attire
  • MrAgreeable

Never buy National/World Champion kit unless you’ve been National/World Champion.

Does that still apply if it’s been knitted by your girlfriend? 🙂

Joxster
    Free Member

Mr Agreeable, is that a typo or does your girlfriend knit all your kit?

MrAgreeable

Not all the kit, just the World Champion wristband in that picture – which is clearly causing confusion and consternation amongst the other riders as I wobble my way to a mid-pack finish in a local cross race. 😉

ourmaninthenorth

Racing_Ralph, is this you in lycra?

Joxster
    Free Member

Shave" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

It was this that I thought was taking the p!ss, a shaving kit that costs £140 😯

woffle
    Free Member

better fit than assos, better pocket arrangement, better zip, comfier material

+1

Rapha gear may be expensive and some of their ideas are a prime example of marketing+money over practicality/sense (Saville Row suit anyone?) but in my experience their stuff is well made, well designed and their customer service is excellent. I’ve yet to find a better softshell or jersey…

Oh, and they’re one of the few companies I’ve found that make a cycling cap that fits large heads like mine without looking especially ridiculous.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Agree with that – both of the above.

twohats
    Free Member

I did the whole Lycra denial thing when I 1st got a road bike. Then I bit the bullet and Lycra’d up, realised I should have done it sooner, much more comfortable, feels faster too…

rolfharris – Member

Rob- I like to wear 3/4 length tights in plain black and a l/s jersey, perhaps with a gilet. I’ll never get rid of the peak, but you still look sort of OK in 3/4s with a top, ideally in all black, without the disadvantages of baggy clothing.

I also resisted losing the peak too until I couldn’t take craning my neck to see where I was going whilst on the drops any longer!
    Far better with a peakless road helmet in terms of vision, and lets face it, leaving a peak on your helmet whilst dressed in lycra doesn’t make you look cool to anyone! You’re just fooling yourself…

toxicsoks
    Free Member

twohats is probably correct but………………… ah, I’m still having lycra issues!! 😉

finbar
    Free Member

Lycra or otherwise – remember this. We’re not cool. None of us are hip.

oldgit
    Free Member

“Lycra or otherwise – remember this. We’re not cool. None of us are hip.”

My wife would agree with that, she thinks we all look like Time Team rejects.
    Mind you I did some admiring looks yesterday from another Mtb’er, though I do look awsome in lycra in that lycra clad frozen turkey way.

thomthumb
    Free Member

you are riding a bike for fun – in the eyes of the masses you are a peasant – you will never be cool. remember this.

BigDummy
    Free Member

My attitude to lycra-wearing is summed up by the phrase “Your girlfriend wishes you had an arse like mine”. 🙂

toxicsoks
    Free Member

5 reasons Not to wear lycra 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Road bike attire’ is closed to new replies.