Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Road bike attire
  • djglover
    Free Member

I think people who don’t wear full lycra on a road bike have body image issues

ton

i would not wear full lycra in my own house when alone……
    and i am not body concious

stratobiker
    Free Member

why not ton?

ton

i sweat more in lycra than i do in baggy attire, which makes me more uncomfortable when riding.
    i do not race, so do not need the aero benefits of lycra.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I think people who don’t wear full lycra on a road bike have body image issues

Agreed.

MrSmith
    Free Member

to the general public all cyclists look like t-wats whether they be riding road or mtb. so you might as well wear the best clothing for the job.

ton

DISAGREE TOTALY….. 😉

racing_ralph
    Free Member

and?

colnagokid

when Im feeling fat I wear 3/4 lycra tights otherwise lycra shorts, & a nice race top or jacket. Baggies on cx bike-more for waterproofness than owt else.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

aP – Member

Wear what you want. Why bother posting on a web site about it.

Is the correct answer

rolfharris
    Free Member

Rob- I like to wear 3/4 length tights in plain black and a l/s jersey, perhaps with a gilet. I’ll never get rid of the peak, but you still look sort of OK in 3/4s with a top, ideally in all black, without the disadvantages of baggy clothing.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Wore full lycra and no camelbak on road today for first time in years and it felt great. Wish i could get away with it on mtb, but baggies, camelbak etc are just more practical, if less comfortable.

barca
    Free Member

Why do you feel baggies are more practical on a mountain bike?

rolfharris
    Free Member

they offer a bit more protection than bare lycra when you fall over and have a bit of overlap with my knee guards which lycra doesn’t.

rolfharris
    Free Member

that and i don’t want my willy to be visible all the time. it’s too small for that.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

stop falling off…

and you mean you don’t want people to see that there’s nothing there…

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Stops the lycra getting snagged on bushes, crash protection, pockets, more luggage as mountain biking tends to be more of a social outing than road rides (and i don’t want to sit around having my cream tea with my little acorn showing on a cold morning).

BadlyWiredDog

you still look sort of OK in 3/4s with a top, ideally in all black

Always a good look on the road. Nice to see Darwinism is still going strong…

zaskar
    Free Member

Wear lycra shorts on the road no probs & underneaath baggies on the mtb.

Haven’t got the body (yet-he says!) to wear lycra tops for at least 3 months? 👿

juan
    Free Member

Is it that time of the day already?
    Try sit and spin pants from under the weather. Very nice cut 3/4 length and not too baggy.

And yes some people shouldn’t be allowed to wear lycra it’s just disgusting…

Gary_M
    Free Member

Hollow boasting aside if you really feel you don’t have the body for lycra then how about rapha touring shorts.

druidh
    Free Member

I can see you in these Juan..

racing_ralph
    Free Member

rolfharris – Member

that and i don’t want my willy to be visible all the time. it’s too small for that.

PMSL – quality comment young rolf

samuri
    Free Member

I just grab the next pair of shorts/shirt from the drawer. Unless I’ve been riding a number of days on the trot, it’ll be the usual pair of baggies and any old shirt.

I suspect people who make an effort to wear the right clothes have body image issues.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Samuri – already said that i was body concious (being the wrong side of 30 now also 🙁 )

If you are so confident lets see you in full lycra (and all the others that wear it) and i will decide who looks like the biggest cock – me in baggies or you body confidants in lycra

Gary_M
    Free Member

Me

sorry no full frontal shots for you.

Oh and I’m 41.

samuri
    Free Member

What a cock!

That’s much better
    lookatyou" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

racing_ralph
    Free Member

face for radio if ever i saw one 😉

druidh
    Free Member

C’mon R_R. That’s not a fair contest

simon_g

I was out on my road bike Sunday in humvees, a Fox top and MTB SPDs too (the shoes/pedals are just because I don’t use them offroad and I’m too tight to buy specific ones that I can’t even walk in).

I like to think I looked less of a twonk than the 20+ stone bloke wheezing away in his full Trek Discovery kit.

Gary_M
    Free Member

the 20+ stone bloke wheezing away in his full Trek Discovery kit

Who is this person?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

If you are so confident lets see you in full lycra (and all the others that wear it) and i will decide who looks like the biggest cock – me in baggies or you body confidants in lycra

Moi.

Joxster
    Free Member

Buy Assos for a bit of respect, buy Rapha for a bit of ‘All the gear, no idea’

Never buy National/World Champion kit unless you’ve been National/World Champion.

Try not to go the ‘Full’ trade team look with the bike, shorts, top, socks and helmet. You’ll be falling into the Rapha group.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Buy Assos for a bit of respect, buy Rapha for a bit of ‘All the gear, no idea’

Where is that rule written down then? Assos shorts – yes, Rapha jersey – best jersey ever.

Buy what you want, there will always be some idiot who wants you to follow their ‘rules’.

Joxster
    Free Member

Rapha kit is made by Nalini, it is over priced and is marketed to a niche market. Assos shorts have gone downhill in the past couple of years, but their winter kit is good. Summer kit is much of a muchness from all companies.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Joxster have you tried a rapha jersey, far better than assos.

Joxster
    Free Member

Yes, I worked with Nalini to develop it 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

Well you did a good job, better fit than assos, better pocket arrangement, better zip, comfier material. But hey what do I know as I’m clearly ‘all the gear and no idea’.

SweetJumps
    Free Member

Road biking is for weirdo’s so anything from Ann Summers Fetish section will do!

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Hmm, I got my first skinny tyred, drop bar bike last week and am, currently, in lycra denial. At the mo’ it’s Aldi tops ( 🙂 ) and Hummvee 3/4s with the adjusters cinched up……..oh and MTB shoes.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Road bike attire’ is closed to new replies.