Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Rivington Today
  • lowey

Run that millitant bastard over Danny.

The eliminator that Margin talks about in 96, there was even a guy who insisted on walking up from the bottom car park right in the middle of the track as guys were blasting down. He insisted it was his right. The guy on the loud speaker was trying to warn the riders coming down but this cock just carried on walking up it. Even the spectators lining both sides of the track were shouting at him. Wouldnt mind but the organisers had got a closure notice and everything to run the race.

Just sums up what some of the idiots are like around Rivi, think they bloody own the place when really its all mine.

Sutty, quite happy with the one I;ve got cheers mate.

binners

Just ride it all at night. Everything defaults to bridleway at night anyway.

The funniest thing I’ve seen was riding down the ice cream run, was when we were daft enough to ride it at night in sub-zero temperatures. Not big or clever. The tarmac bit in the middle was just a sheet of ice.

We discovered this as Chod pumped his forks ready for launch. His front wheel wemt straight out from under him and he went off the drop backwards, arse-first with his bike on top of him.

His face was a picture. The two of us behind him both fell off we were laughing that hard 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

Just sums up what some of the idiots are like around Rivi, think they bloody own the place when really its all mine.

I still prefer the casually cheeky response.

Person near White Coppice: “There’s no bikes here”
    Me: [looks down at bike in a puzzled manner] “Are you sure?”
    Person: “Yes, there’s no bikes here!”
    Me: “OK then, I’ll just carry on riding my llama then. Have a nice afternoon”

Junkyard
    Free Member

TBH I usually find it is non local red sock brigade who have the most issues with cyclists.
    1. Woman called me the c word for riding. Istopped challenged her then produced OS map to prove I could ride legally here to which she replied well you are still a c word- decided after this never to bother engaging on this issue as it is like trying to defuse road rage by discussing the issue
    2. Going up a road section- the of road bit up to gardens from the school- and they would not give way to let three of us through. AFter a few mins we eventually got past at the edge. one of us then just turned round and charged them all whilst screaming at them – very funny but they then all reached the two of us left and started moaning about respect etc

trailmoggy
    Free Member

zokes………ive been doing the belmont for years, and its the worst ive ever seen it

lowey

Brutally cold on’t moors toneet lads!

San Marino is Ace.. its in great condition for bikers… getting pretty technical, almost getting back to its old self before it was resurfaced years ago.

Andituk
    Free Member

Has there been much more snow up there? Fancy a ride tommorrow.

Vortexracing

Looks like it’s had a small amount from here (Coppull). You don’t have to go to the top bit’s if it’s a bit thick up there, plenty to ride lower down.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Andituk,

Quite nice and crispy up there last night:
    Barn>Pike>Wilders Moor>Mast>Smithills Moor>Two Lads>Dog kennels>Gardens
    Met a couple of other loonies up by the mast too.
    Bolton MRT were up there too pratting around with out-of-life distress flares.
    Not really any problem with the amount of snow that’s on the ground, still plenty grippy enough and nice and fast rolling ‘cos it’s frozen solid underneath.

Have fun.

lowey

Ecky – That was us. Coming Up Coal Pit ? met you on where the path joins the mast road ? Was a touch chilly!

PC010591 by lowey.com, on Flickr

yoshimi

Nice pic lowey – I’m hoping for a huge dump of snow so I can I have a play on sunday – night ride would be good too………are you reading Johnnie?

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Last night round Healy Nabb was superb, better than Tuesday night. An extra layer of snow made it even grippier for some reason. Got a month of work now so will be friking nailing Rivvy and the area alot as i only live 500 metres away. Look out for the Santa Cruz Blur, all black and stealthy with a full lycra clad rider, no armour of 85 litre ruck sac.

Say hello. 😀

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

That was us. Coming Up Coal Pit ? met you on where the path joins the mast road ?

Nods to Lowey. Pleased to meet you.

We reversed your tracks down Smithills Moor to the steps, then turned left and went exploring off-piste before crossing what were presumably your tracks on the road near Smithills Dean.

lowey

Nods back at Ecky.

There’s a good run down to Coal Pit Road after you hit the lake on that left turn. Good in the dry anyway.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Rivington Today’ is closed to new replies.