Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Risk Taking
  • RichPenny
    Free Member

First helmetless ride of the summer about to commence. Wish me luck 🙂

zaskar
    Free Member

I will not waste my wish of winning the lottery. 😉

You'll be fine but if its the heat-then get well vented lid. 8)

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Don't do it!

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO

Are you still alive ?

Bregante

clearly dead. that was bound to happen

Woody
    Free Member

Well I cycled the 1/2 mile to the shops earlier today without a helmet and I can tell you that I'm still buzzing from the adrenaline rush that only a high risk, death defying experience can provide. This was heightened even further by a bag of ready prepared cauliflower, brocolli and carrots falling out of my rucksack onto the road and it was only saved by the prompt action of a lady Micra driver who's skills deserve a place on the world rally circuit. That sort of thing really brings it home. I could have been that bag of veg 😯

Anyway, off out on the mtb now, with helmet firmly in place. You can't tempt fate twice in one day 😉

mactheknife

Why oh why give anyone the ammunition to be self-righteous?? 😛

RichPenny
    Free Member

Back now, not dead. Quite nice actually, went gloveless too. Next time I might go nekkid 😯

Kahurangi

No helmet, no gloves… madness. I'll bet you went without eyewear too and now have eyes covered with greenfly

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

40 mile ride today of helmet free fun. 3 of us out sharing the freedom.

No one died, the gnarlest bit was 2 ft wide bridge.

However – I did drop me and t'missus in a bed of nettles – Oh how I wished I had a helmet on when the nettles stung my arm and leg. Still tingles now. If only I had worn my hat.

I did have gloves and safety glasses on tho so I was safe

RichPenny
    Free Member

I draw the line at no eyewear. -9 prescription means I would certainly require a helmet, and probably a suit of armour to go with it…

coatesy
    Free Member

Still bear the scar on my hand from a gloveless ride from the van to the back of the house, all of 45 seconds ride. Took around 3 mths to heal, won't be trying that one again myself, thank you, feel free to try it yourself though, it's no skin off my palm.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Risk Taking’ is closed to new replies.