• This topic has 15 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Keva.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • RIP Whitney Houston
  • martinxyz
    Free Member

:O/

tomhoward

I agree. RIP

JamieMc
    Free Member

RIP

guess this mean the Bodyguard will be coming to a TV screen near you some time soon…

warton
    Free Member

RIP

such a talent, that was probably never truly realised.

duckman

Not my musical taste but pics of her stumbling out a club just this week,actually looking better than she had. That was sudden,but she had been caning it for a number of years. Defining image of the whole 80’s shoulder pad soul thing. Sorry for her family,she had a wee girl.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Shocked as she’s not old enough to die without assistance from drugs…..and I never had her down as the drug taking type, so wondering what killer her.

She was only 48.

TooTall
    Free Member

Shocked as she’s not old enough to die without assistance from drugs…..and I never had her down as the drug taking type, so wondering what killer her.

Cannot tell whether this is irony or a lack of knowledge of her non-singing news stories.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Was she? Ahhh that explains that then.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Some folks can handle their drugs and others oh well…

That aside she had got a belting voice.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Oh so sad. I blame Bobby Brown…..

DezB
    Free Member

Was a bit shocked. Such a waste.
    Not my sort of music at all, but I bought Saving All My Love on 7″. Lovely ballad.

ivantate
    Free Member

My speculation is that she probably slipped into some old habits while under pressure of the recent toursand either od’d or body gave up winehouse style.
    Not sure if she ever got ‘clean’ for any period of time but then again not something I followed avidly.

Any bets on how long the US can drag out the whole post mortem and subsequent courtcase?

leffeboy

A bit shocked too, mainly because it is clear that even people who seem to have everything still struggle. Not listened to any Whitney for a long time but the opening keys to the Dolly song are still hugely evocative

trailmonkey

a sad story. an incredible voice still imitated as the default vocal style for that genre. not my kind of thing at all but talent like that stands out a mile.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Any bets on how long the US can drag out the whole post mortem and subsequent courtcase?

You’d prefer any criminality to be swept under the carpet or half-done?

Keva
    Free Member

it’s a shame. not exactly my taste in music but a talented singer all the same.

Kev

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘RIP Whitney Houston’ is closed to new replies.