Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • RIP Jonah Lomu
  • MTB-Rob
    Free Member

It might be Silent, but you can still hear some of those tackles! what a player. R.I.P
    One of the Greats

ourmaninthenorth

Speaking to one of my colleagues – a Kiwi – about his death earlier. Colleague responds: “Yeah, he went to the high school near mine. I used to play against him.”

Northwind

gonzy – Member

oh how he made me laugh when he flattened Mike Catt!!

BOOOOM!

I think that was the same game where they interviewed Will Carling afterwards and said “So what about that Lomu eh?”, he answered “He’s a freak and the sooner he goes away the better” 😆 (was that the same one where instead of tackling Rory Underwood he just picked him and threw him overarm off the pitch?)

anagallis_arvensis

It was Tony Underwood!
    That Woodward story on radio 4 this am was really good!

Northwind

Ah, I had a 50/50 chance 😆

coogan
    Free Member

I’m not much of a rugby fan, but this guy made me watch it when he appeared in the world game. Awesome player, very sad news. No big ego, just seemed a decent bloke.

TheDTs
    Free Member

From Bill McLaren
    “It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!”

“Now I’m not a hod man, but if I saw Jonah Lomu running at me I’d be putting down bricks, I’ll tell you.”

It’s all been said above really.
    RIP

ctk
    Free Member

Watching all the youtube videos, truly awesome. Loads of knocking people over but also ridiculous speed and great stepping.

A shoe in for any all time rugby XV.

ninfan
    Free Member

No age is it? Terrible news.

The number of times you saw him bat off one, two, then three, four and five players while still driving forwards was remarkable, a real game changing player. Will be sorely missed 🙁

richmtb

Rest easy big fella, a true legend

DezB
    Free Member

Wow, that’s a shocker. Didnt he present the trophy at the end of the Rugby Championship this year? He looked in fairly good nick.
    Hope he got to enjoy watching the All Blacks’ awesome display in the World Cup before he went.
    RIP Jonah, truly befitting the overused word: Awesome.

toppers3933
    Free Member

He was stunning. I am stunned. A beast of a player but a gent of a man. RIP.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

RIP Big guy

jambalaya
    Free Member

In London just before the RWC, he’d only just returned to NZ after the tournament

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lq8mJpGEsU[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

If this doesn’t make it a bit dusty where you are then you are dead inside, the article is well worth reading

NZ Herald

mefty
    Free Member

The thing that stood out for me was his balance when running, very unusual, certainly a mould breaking player, whose light burnt out too quickly.

gonzy
    Free Member

this is a very touching tribute from the students at his old school
    [video]https://youtu.be/WFQlpMpwL9A[/video]

badnewz
    Free Member

A fierce competitor on the field, a gentle giant off it. A credit to his people.
    RIP Jonah.

Edukator
    Free Member

Joost is very ill too

Tinus Linee too, maladie de Charcot apparently. that’s 2/15 of the world cup winning team with a disease that affects <10/100 000. In the same team there’s been a death from brain cancer and André Ventner has a disease that affects his spinal cord. 4/15.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Maladie de Charcot – had to google that & was surprised it translates,as CMT, which I have. Personally speaking its never really held me back apart from an inability to run & being a bit clumsy, it comes as a shock to remember how bad it can actually be – its not something I like to think about.

RIP Jonah.

doof_doof
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/oEv-HBNpklo[/video]

bensales
    Free Member

Passed away? Should have passed backwards.

Awesome fella, awesome achievements, and gone far too young. RIP.

DezB
    Free Member

Really moved by the number of tributes and postings by youngsters from our rugby club about Jonah. Most of them weren’t born when he was at his peak.

professor_fate
    Free Member

It’s going to be a long time getting used to this loss. Such fantastic tributes to a truly incredible player and person – Rest Easy Sir and thank you for the memories!
    Jonah Lomu, proving the fact that the shortest distance between two points on a rugby pitch is indeed a straight line…

gordimhor

This is a sad day,gone much too young. A genuine rugby great. So long Jonah and thank you.

Pigface
    Free Member

Mike Catt said after he had been steam rollered one of the Kiwi players came up to him and said “There is more of that to come” 😆

Seeing Joost now makes my blood run cold, life can be so cruel sometimes.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘RIP Jonah Lomu’ is closed to new replies.