Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ben Lawers hike a' bikey
  • fergal
    Free Member

I’m in two minds, is this top drawer, or a little i carried my ego chariot up a mountain, so it is proper mountain biking type scenario, when in reality it was merde.

If you have done it, make a comparison please.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Ace. I did Ghlas then Lawers and back home via the contour path. The very top of Lawers was pretty much all rideable bar maybe 2 corners. Slow speed, trialsy tech. A better rider than me could def ride the whole thing. But we’re only talking a very short steep top tech section.

I wasn’t too impressed with the contour path back, some very awkward turns with boulders everywhere stopping you nipping round them, but as a short 3hr ride the whole thing was fine. I’d probably do it the other way round, climb the path to Lawers directly, then ride the ridge down and up to Ghlas and descend Ghlas to the road.

When are you going?

munrobiker
    Free Member

I gave it my “Mountain of the Year” award last year, absolutely flippin’ loved it. The conditions probably helped.

We had Brocken Spectres too.

fergal
    Free Member

Well it’s pictures like those that convince you, it’s going to be the grandest outing ever.

Thinking this week, but it’s a toss up between north or the Lakes, i’m just over the border.

NZCol

Wx window is this week my friend.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’d always go Scotland, but that’s because-

a) The Lakes are closer for me so I always ride them and

b) Scotland is better.

I’d toss it up between what you’ve ridden most lately. It’s not the biggest day out, but it’s really good fun and 100% rideable (going down). If you’ve not ridden up there much lately I’d give it a crack, especially as good big mountain riding around Loch Tay is a bit scarce and it’s a nice place to be.

Sanny
    Free Member

Tis a fine ride indeed. I always enjoy riding up there. It’s short but you could add on the Tarmachan Ridge (watch the scramble down climb – not rideable!) I have walked the latter and am itching to ride it. The Carn Gorm ridge of 4 munros above Glen Lyon is also good fun. Not tech but terrific on a blue sky day!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ben Lawers hike a' bikey’ is closed to new replies.