Viewing 6 posts - 241 through 246 (of 246 total)
  • RIP 26"
  • Paceman
    Free Member

Chiefgrooveguru… We weren’t on the same ride were we?!

I think we might have been if you were out in Stanmer Woods 😀

chiefgrooveguru

I think we might have been if you were out in Stanmer Woods

Which bike were you on? Orange Soul and lurid yellow (NB: bike!) helmet here! Great ride wasn’t it?

Paceman
    Free Member

chiefgrooveguru – Member
    I think we might have been if you were out in Stanmer Woods
    Which bike were you on? Orange Soul and lurid yellow (NB: bike!) helmet here! Great ride wasn’t it?

Brilliant ride, some of you guys were flying on Thursday, I was on the blue Tallboy 🙂

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I don’t see the complication as significantly different from the myriad of other “choices” in a bike’s design: wheelbase, headangle, front and back centre, BB style, suspension design, shocks, the list is long.

I could argue until the cows come home about which choices are more relevant than others and which – for a big part of the bike-buying market – simply don’t enter the decision making process. I’m not going to argue that because it wasn’t really my point anyway. All the choices you list are relevant to some degree or other and now we have ANOTHER choice that we are led to believe is VERY relevant. I realise many don’t agree, but I think too much choice can be detrimental.

If you like the look and the ride (for your preferred riding style) just buy it.

My mission is to keep making the point that you simply can’t test ride all the various styles of bike out there and certainly not on all the types of ride you might do, so at some stage the shortlist needs to be drawn up based on other factors. “Look” is a great one 🙂 but so many of us rely on the media to persuade us which way to focus. For us types of buyer, the 650b bandwagon is viewed with some scepticism.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I think that this 27.5in revolution is going to happen …. quicker than 29ers.

Surely the 27.5″ wheel revolution is, by definition, going to happen faster than the 29″ wheel revolution? 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

good god is this still rumbling on?

Viewing 6 posts - 241 through 246 (of 246 total)

The topic ‘RIP 26"’ is closed to new replies.