Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Rigid ss bad boy as a first bike?
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Been looking for something for my gf for a while and someone is selling a ss rigid (lefty) bad boy, it'll be her first bike since a kid and don't want to put her off. It's for cutting about town, she recently borrowed a mate's folding bike and didn't realise it had gears so was riding about ss anyway and thought it was ok.

Ticks a lot of boxes though, 700c, rigid and disc brakes

concerns-wrong size, stiff as a rod, ss going to put her off

TheBrick
    Free Member

If it's for riding around town why would you want to giver her suspension. The SS may be an issue for her I don't know.

uglybassplayer

If you do buy it, i'll swap you a Fatty Ultra for the rigid Lefty, then you won't have to worry about comfort so much.

rootes1

Bikes for girls… Tricky you might spend lots and they they sit in the garage…… for decent and good value… Halfords SS Subway £250 black, no graphics, light, 700c wheels… Bargain… Or how about some more girly? Check out the Creme bikes on http://www.biketart.com SS and 3 speed

fontmoss
    Free Member

Brick it's more because i'd heard the bad boy was pretty stiff to the point of poss being uncomfortable

ugly I think I had seen your post somewhere else about wanting the lefty but if I took it off I'd sort out a carbon rigid job

rootes, you've managed to get both ends of the spectrum in there, impressive

Olly
    Free Member

i would suggest a 3 speed, rigid mountain bike with cable disks

ballcocks all to go wrong then!
    can still change gear standing at the lights

brillo pad!

qwerty
    Free Member

FONT – tis as stiff as the Pope in a brothel – mainly comes to light when you hit pot holes, repetitive cobbles, etc – works for you in that it transmits your power well and steering tracks like a junkie, does feedback road surface to bars well

the front end is very stiff, a carbon fork and possibly seat post would ease this considerably,

wheels are bombproof, heavyish strong rims, heavy rear hub, Si front hub

radar won't detect your GF

M

fontmoss
    Free Member

cheers qwerty 🙂 emailed you, going to look up geometry and see if it'll fit her anyway

Edric64
    Free Member

you said that it's the wrong size so why would you buy it for her? You wouldn't buy yourself a bike that didn't fit .

fontmoss
    Free Member

I didn't say it was the wrong size I said one of the things I'm worried about is that it wouldn't be the right size.

uglybassplayer

If you do buy the bike and swap out the lefty let me know.

rootes1

Hi fontmoss, you can get Creme for £499.. Nice looking bikes and def girly hub gear plus as well for change at lights / stationary… Wish I had built in a hub gear to the bike I built my other half…… Still might swap derailluer for a 5 speed SA hub. Si

fontmoss
    Free Member

yeah the budget is well less than £500…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Rigid ss bad boy as a first bike?’ is closed to new replies.