Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rigid fork suggestions
  • tterry

I currently running some old 120mm rebas on my inbred and they are getting past it. So planning on going back to some rigid forks that wont change the geometry much. Can anyone recommend some 110mm-120mm forks? Steel or alu that won’t break the bank. I’m a light rider and they will be for x country riding.

Cheers.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Always go for steel over alu, far better ride.

I’ve just got some Pace steel forks and they are class, but they maybe a bit long at 470mm

Salsa cro-motos are also a very good pair.

takisawa2

Was running some old RC40’s on my Inbred, set at 120mm. (In my opinions, the best fork travel for the second gen Inbred).
    When they became past repair I went for some 440mm On-One carbons. Front felt very low so I swapped for 470mm (29er) versions of the same. It rode perfectly. Have run various rigid forks since & if I was ever on a 26″ wheeled Inbred again it would be running the steel Singular Swift fork. It really is a lovely fork. I tried the On-One superlight steel fork once…dear lord was it harsh.
    Inbred with 470mm fork.:-

IMAG0231 by pten2106, on Flickr

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

not sure of measurments etc; however

get some pace carbons if you can still can.
    my drop outs have cracked, but you can get them replaced, which is okay on 8 year old forks!
    the machining and measurements are excellent

i got a pair of one one steels; very strong and in tracking, but agricultural in measurements, rough and ready. you could hit anything with these.

if you can get kona forks, you have the best of both.

legend has it that kona test rides would always fit rigid to get accurate feedback on the frames

tterry

Thanks for the suggestions, i think i’ll give the 470mm on-one forks a go.

takisawa2

If you can get some, the Exotic Carbon ones are better finished than the On-Ones.

Northwind

Aye, I’ve nothing but good to say about my Exotics. Well, they’re not the lightest, but they’re superb value.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

I really like my On One 440mm steels on my Inbred, handling is great. The disc mount was particulalry badly aligned on them though.

FraserHughes
    Free Member

+1 (or is that 2 now) for the exotics. I found 445mm perfect for my Inbred but if you’re looking to replace 120mm fork these are the ones:

http://carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=43&p=197&

HTH.

tterry

Cheers again, the exotics forks are cheaper as well. Do you think there will be an issue running a 185mm hope mini on the 29er fork? i’m 10.5st in weight and currently running a larger rotors as the brakes were second hand off another bike, and don’t have anything else at the moment.

curlie467
    Free Member

No, there wont be an issue, i can imagine they are recommended up to that diameter anyway, i know the on-one ones are.

clubber
    Free Member

exotics are great and will comfortably take a 185 rotor but for an inbred 445 is the right length. just adjust the stem height with spacers to get the same position.

bm0p700f
    Free Member

For steel how about Kona P2 -plenty second hand and new they are not too much either.
    For carbon Pace are remaking the RC31.

Those are the one I would use.

Mackem

I’ve just bought some Orange F8 forks on ebay (brand new) for 45 quid, bit of a impulse buy that I dont need. If you want I can redirect the postage to you. Just looking for the 45 quid back.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190591083747?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_873wt_1396

jambon
    Free Member

On-One steel ones are HARSH.

If you can get the correct length from Surly they’ll be much more fun – Charlie the Bikemonger should be able to sort you out.

The ones that come with 1×1 frames are soooooo comfy but they’re 80mm corrected I think.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rigid fork suggestions’ is closed to new replies.