Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Righty, longest lasting ISIS BB?
  • benz
    Free Member

For some reason my SS one appears loose after just a few rides.

Before SS bashing starts, it could be that it just needs tightened – although never had a bb loosen itself on the drive side before – did I forget a lock ring on the other side??

That said, if I need a new BB, what?

SKF? Where best value??

qwerty
    Free Member

ISIS – are tricky to get a long life out of

CRANK BROS offer a lifetime warantee – crap but just send it back

SKF – best reviews – can't remember who supplies them now

i just have two Race Face isis and the bb tools, and just swap them over when ****

carlosg
    Free Member

My SS Isis BB has been in my P7 frame for 3 years of at least 1 ride a week and is still going strong , I'm no lightweight at 15st either and give the bike a fair bit of hammer.

I reckon somethings loose or you got a duff one , it should still be under warranty send it back for a replacement.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I've been running a RaceFace signature XS since ISIS first landed on these shores. It's only have the bearings replaced once in that time. Puts it on a par with the old UN72 in my personal eperience.

carlosg
    Free Member

Used to run a RF Ti signature and killed it in 3 months , I nearly cried after what it cost.

Could've been a one off but personally I'd not risk it again.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

DO NOT GET AN AZONIC ONE. In case you were thinking about it. Mine lasted two rides before it developed play, took it out once the play started to get noticeable when riding and the whole things was in bits, the 'sealed' unit was in it's 5 component pieces. Absolute rubbish! Their chainrings are equally crap, but the cranks are good.

I've fitted an NS-17 thing, but not ridden it yet, I'm hoping the Germans have this all under control.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Super Star ones are the only ISIS BB i've had any joy with … manage to get about 18 months from them when fitted to my PA which is used and abused on a daily basis as it's the bike I instruct on.

Everything else inc' CB ones with a 5 year warranty have packed up well within 6 months.

goodgrief
    Free Member

you say "loose", do you mean the crank bolt or the axle bearings? if it's the bolt then you need some thread lock

Hairychested
    Free Member

I was getting loads of commuting miles off SKF ISIS BBs. Several thousand miles without a single problem. I wish I never sold the Middleburn cranks that fitted them 🙁

juiced
    Free Member

running my raceface signature for 8 years. just need a regrease every now and again. running DH ISIS in others for 3 -4 years ( truvatuv gigas)

benz
    Free Member

Righty…..know what the issue was.

Needed tightening on the drive side…

I also noted that I had written on the bb when I installed…May 2008.

FS is not used a whole lot but chain slipped between crank and bb the other week and slightly cack handed mate gave almighty pull to get it out.

Full credit to SS….bearings are perfect…as is the shifting which was pretty poor earlier today, which was first outing for the FS since the chain dropping incident the other week.

Note to self…buy some thread-lock…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Righty, longest lasting ISIS BB?’ is closed to new replies.